Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I"d probably get jealous because I have self confidence issues, ie I dont think I"m attractive, so might worry incase the feeling was reciprocated!.

ReputationRep:
    i think i get like a mixture of emotions.

on the one hand i feel like, well why wouldn't you fancy him, he's amazing. and i quite like the idea that other girls want him but he only wants me.

but then on the other hand i can sometimes be a bit jealous and i'll admit to occasionally sulking if my boyfriend paid a girl who i knew liked him much attention

ReputationRep:
    I think 'Mwahaha. Aren't I lucky that he's mine. Now **** off.'

No, being serious I don't really care. I'm of the opinion that if he was inclined to run off with someone else who fancied him, he probably would have already done it, rather than spend three years in an LDR with me.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by iloveyou_xx)
    i think i get like a mixture of emotions.

on the one hand i feel like, well why wouldn't you fancy him, he's amazing. and i quite like the idea that other girls want him but he only wants me.

but then on the other hand i can sometimes be a bit jealous and i'll admit to occasionally sulking if my boyfriend paid a girl who i knew liked him much attention
    i know exactly what you mean.

my gf doesnt agree with this theory, but there was someone who liked her before we got together, and he spends more time with her than i do, cos they both go to the same uni, and are on the same course, and he quite often stays at her accomodation after a night out.

he is always *****in about liking one of his close friends, and giving them advice which led them into a relationship with someone else...

thing is, we are the onlt people who got together in that time period.

doent concern me as much as it should, because he has recently admitted to being gay, so all is good.

ReputationRep:
    I would laugh at the person who fancied him :P
    Unless, he actually went and acted apon it

Then I'd break his nose

ReputationRep:
    I get jealous, and then I get scared, and that gives me adrenalin, and then I realise she's not going to leave me, and I smile, and tell her everything that's in this post.

Yeah, I'm in an LDR as well.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    shortly after we got together, we were at an xmas party, and i was talkig to some friends that i hadnt seen for a while.

she walked past and smiled at me and as she was walking away, my friend looked around me, rater blatantly, and said "i would..." to which i replied.. "i am.." the look on his face after that was epic. i think the words "jammy *******" were thrown around a few times. that made me feel good.

btw, he didnt know that we were together..

the only people i seem to attract are munters and idiots though... (except the gf of course).. and for some reason, they always seem to be on the bus or trains lol

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    Compliment, unless the person who fancied him was a supermodel or something in which case I'd get very insecure.

ReputationRep:
    I find it amusing. One time it was a great big jock guy who wouldn't come up to say hello because he was scared I'd beat him up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRiotRoses)
    Considering i'm in an LDR, i actually get worried my guy will leave me for them, because they can give him something i can't all the time, and that's be there in the flesh. I trust my man to bits, but i still feel worried.
    Same here.
    My boyfriend's a musician (& we're in an LDR), and there's this girl thats obsessed with him; I hate it, but she's in Holland or somewhere like that so I know realistically I shouldn't be worrying. I trust him completely, but it just makes me feel so paranoid :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as I used to be with the whole jealousy thing...unless they're all over him and he's trying to escape and they're not getting the message. Then I go show the girl whats what!

ReputationRep:
    I generally don't mind. I know that his ex-girlfriend (admittedly he broke up with her just over three years ago so he could be with me; yes, I did feel bad, but there's nothing I can do about it now) has feelings for him, and I know of a few others that have had feelings for him, but to be honest I'm all right with it. They can't help who they have feelings for, after all.

What I don't like is when they're blatantly flirting. But even then, I'll just have a casual word with Dan about it, just let him know what I think they're upto, and then just carry on as usual. No point getting het up about it, I know that he loves me and that he's devoted - he can think of others if he has to, but I know he'd never act on it.

'Tis good to be in a long-term relationship where trust isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    If you really love him or her, you will be jealous, but not generous

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me at all, I went into my current relationship knowing that she'd been either "asked out" or had attempted kiss-starters with pretty much every guy she knows.

She still hangs out with them all, often alone and I'm fine with it because at the end of the day she turned them all down and went with me, it's her decision, and if she made it, she made it. Being insecure won't prevent her from buggering off if she chooses to do so (and in fact would make her more likely to).

I've sat around while another guy has (seriously) tried to persuade her that she's made the wrong decision and indeed should have gone out with him, and just let it entertain me.

ReputationRep:
    I do snap sometimes when people CLEARLY check her out whilst I'm beside her!!

Best thing I find (dependent on location) ranges from a dirty look to the individual who is looking.. to (when I was drunk, oh dear) taking a picture of her on my phone, walking over to the individual and offering to send it via bluetooth because it's going to be the closet they will ever get at looking again before I stand on their face. Needless to say I tend to try and not drink often.

ReputationRep:
    well there's healthy jealousy too. i think its nice for the bf/gf to know their partners are jealous a bit... shows they're wanted! although i think i go a bit overboard though and i know i do but really can't help it he can just be so nieve with people who like him!!!
    he never really gets jealous with me though and i wish he would just a tad because it's just another thing to add with my insecurities! lol i like to feel that i'm his lol

ReputationRep:
    my gf just got used to it tbh

ReputationRep:
    A compliment really, other people find him attractive :p:

ReputationRep:
    It depends who it is and what they do!!
    My friend liked the guy I'm now dating. At the time we weren't official (she was aware) but she was full on flirting with him in front of me
    I think it's reassuring to a certain extent, but it really annoies me cause then we have to be all sensitive infront of that person/ can't be alone without them interupting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.