Turn on thread page Beta

People fancying your BF/GF.. watch

(Original post by Johan C)
    Don't be ridiculous, you look fine.
    My girlfriend is a bit more than fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to kick the guy that likes my girlfriend to a bluddied pulp.
    I am a jealous person.
    you might wanna think about anger management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    Wow... That's me. Somehow I know I'm rather good-looking and yet at the same time I just keep thinking I'm not good enough for her... Even though we both get hit on, though her more -she's a girl after all.
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Hmmmm if I am totally honest I don't exactly think I am UGLY, more like a 5/10... it doesn't help that I genuinely think my girlfriend is out of my league, she gets hit on a lot, and that I never do of course.
    Getting hit on has nothing to do with how attractive people are- girls really do get more people perving on them, mostly because there are WAY more pervy guys out there than girls, and it's seen as more acceptable.

Thinking you're not good enough for your partner is probably common enough, and it's only really overcome by working on your self esteem!

(in TML's case, said girlfriend really isn't that pretty and most of the time when she gets chatted up, it's on the internet, by random internet weirdos. But awww at the last comment anyways xD)

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend regularly reminds me that there are a lot of good looking guys after him, but he does feel like I could attract even better looking guys if I tried. I don't really have much confidence anyway, though :o:

That said, it doesn't bother me. Conversations about sex and flings and all in a male-male relationship tend to be more light-hearted anyway, I've noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnitJanet)
    Getting hit on has nothing to do with how attractive people are- girls really do get more people perving on them, mostly because there are WAY more pervy guys out there than girls, and it's seen as more acceptable.

Thinking you're not good enough for your partner is probably common enough, and it's only really overcome by working on your self esteem!

(in TML's case, said girlfriend really isn't that pretty and most of the time when she gets chatted up, it's on the internet, by random internet weirdos. But awww at the last comment anyways xD)
    Cheers DamnitJanet, that's actually quite helpful and confirms what I already thought... Most decent girls are unwilling to show their feelings clearly if the guy doesn't first make a move/show some interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRiotRoses)
    Considering i'm in an LDR, i actually get worried my guy will leave me for them, because they can give him something i can't all the time, and that's be there in the flesh. I trust my man to bits, but i still feel worried.
    I feel like this with my GF sometimes, but i know her and i know her friends at uni, so i know i've got nothing to worry about, but i always feel that little irrational niggle =(

I guess i take it as a compliment, both for her (she is damn good looking :yep: ) and to me :p:

Unless it's like the time i heard some chav shout at her 'look at that redhead, she's fit, f**king shagged'

Next time there will be blood.....:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Actually this really did happen to me .. a mate of mine started getting really close to me old girlfriend ... i was extremely jelous even though i wouldn`t admit it at the time .. but it was mainly because i fairly sure i was not good enough for her ....

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend gets a lot of people hitting on her but I trust her and most people who try to make a move are a bit..weird...

I've only ever worried that something may happen between her and one of my friends, but she picked up on my worries and assured me nothing would happen.

I don't get hit on much, only lately i've had some gay guy and one girl i used to fancy come on to me....but I wouldn't give up what i have with my girlfriend for the world

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.