Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If not the bit that says pregnant is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what?

ReputationRep:
    yes they work...like 99.9% of the time

ReputationRep:
    They are one of the most accurate biological tests going, sensitivity and specificity both >97%, actual performance depends on the brand.

ReputationRep:
    ok then. YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Just get another test if you dispute the result. Or go to the Drs.

ReputationRep:
    mine worked

ReputationRep:
    Yes they're incredibly accurate. If not, go to the docs, and they'll test your blood for you, or take 3 more. Or wait a week, then take another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    They are one of the most accurate biological tests going, sensitivity and specificity both >97%, actual performance depends on the brand.

^ what he said

I think the digital ones are a bit more sensitive to the HCG hormone than other brands so can detect pregnancy if earlier, but if taken correctly it's rare for them to be wrong

what was the result op, good news??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I believe when my mum was pregnant with me the chemist said that if they give a negative result then they can be inaccurate, but that if they are positive they definitely are. Don't know if this is necessarily true but he said it to stop them buying another so lost a sale through it :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations then!

ReputationRep:
    said I was pregnant, will buy another one and do it again.

ReputationRep:
    for anyone who says congrats, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    for anyone who says congrats, thanks.

Ohh thats brilliant, join the pregnancy and parenting society on TSR...

also, are you a mormon??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.