The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 3B: Further Stats 1 9FM0 3B - 17 Jun 2022

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 3B exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 3B: Further Statistics 1 9FM0 3B - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 17th June PM
Length: 1h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Advance info for this doesnt really give much away, what do we think will come up?
Reply 2
Original post by Thomasmcfeccco
Advance info for this doesnt really give much away, what do we think will come up?

I mean the only particularly revealing bullet point is the chi squared one - which specifies that it's a binomial one
Reply 3
Guys, what about the power of the test, didn’t see they mention that
Original post by HoangK
Guys, what about the power of the test, didn’t see they mention that

the final bullet point is type 1 and type 2 errors, so there will be a question on quality of tests
Reply 5
Original post by millie-164-
the final bullet point is type 1 and type 2 errors, so there will be a question on quality of tests

that and the hypothesis testing probably 2 of my weakest part.
Reply 6
Anyone knows whether can I use the calculator for the Central Limit theorem, will I lose 1 method mark there without standardised it although I get the correct answer?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by HoangK
Anyone knows whether can I use the calculator for the Central Limit theorem, will I lose 1 method mark there without standardised it although I get the correct answer?

depends how harsh the mark schemes are - i usually write down each stage of my working even if i'm just plugging everything into my calculator
Reply 8
Original post by HoangK

On the mark schemes I've seen (and even the ones on the topic tests they gave), they give both methods, so it's your call (although I'm sure Edexcel realises the increasing use of calculators). I personally just do it on the calculator. Unless you need to find a variable within the distribution where you kinda have to standardise it
How did the exam go?
Reply 10
Anyone knows is the binomial question about the cubs is rejected or accepted?
And what you guys get for the P(X^2<1-2X)
Original post by HoangK
Anyone knows is the binomial question about the cubs is rejected or accepted?
And what you guys get for the P(X^2<1-2X)

I got 0.35 for that P(X^2<1-2x) one and I can't remember the cubs ome
What did people get for n and C on the last one
Reply 13
Original post by Hychro617

0.35 also, the cub one I rejected, I just worry bc I get the Test Statistic quite high due to there is 3,75 in the middle so I combined cells. U guys only combine 2 and 3 or combining all 2,3,4?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by HoangK
0.35 also, the cub one I rejected, I just worry bc I get the Test Statistic quite high due to there is 3,75 in the middle so I combined cells

Oh yeah I got rejected because it was greater than
Original post by Hychro617

Did you do P(X=0) + P(X=-1)?
Original post by HoangK
0.35 also, the cub one I rejected, I just worry bc I get the Test Statistic quite high due to there is 3,75 in the middle so I combined cells

Wasn’t it 37.5?
Reply 17
Original post by grhas98
Did you do P(X=0) + P(X=-1)?

Yeah, I put both of them into a table and compare
Anyone get n=8
Original post by HoangK
Yeah, I put both of them into a table and compare

Cool just checking because I can’t remember my answer lol

Quick Reply

Latest