The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Further Mathematics MEI Extra pure Y435/01 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR A Level Further Mathematics MEI Extra pure Y435/01 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 23rd June PM
Length: 1h15

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
How was the exam?
first few questions were decent but 4 and 5 💀
Q4 was so algebraic
Q5 was quite tough, brain was overloaded when i got to the last part.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Weird questions. Couldn't prove that a+b+2 thing for the life of me. The rest was alright but I thought some of the mark allocations were odd.
Original post by w0rthy
Weird questions. Couldn't prove that a+b+2 thing for the life of me. The rest was alright but I thought some of the mark allocations were odd.

Yeah the diagonalisation question worth 4 marks is ridiculous
Original post by w0rthy

Yeah, I got the +2 part, and I managed to show k1 = -k2 but I couldn't find the value of k1. Supposedly you had to consider (a o a) and (a o e), but I still have no idea how to show k1=1
Original post by MouldyVinegar
Yeah, I got the +2 part, and I managed to show k1 = -k2 but I couldn't find the value of k1. Supposedly you had to consider (a o a) and (a o e), but I still have no idea how to show k1=1

you had to do a o e and e o b
Reply 8
Original post by MouldyVinegar

Exactly the same here. I tried to consider e o e = e but I was running out of time. My mate did it by just doing 0 o e = 0, 1 o e = 1 etc..
Original post by Brian715
you had to do a o e and e o b

ahhhh now I see it thanks for that. Seems I misheard how to solve it when talking to others about the exam.
For the diaganolisation ( if I spelled it correctly) did you get 2 4 8?
(edited 1 year ago)
For the recurrence relation solution I got
7*(4/5)^n + 3n^2+2n+2. Hahaha! Maybe not. I don't remember what I got but it looks similar.
(edited 1 year ago)
Maybe 3n^2 +2n+1
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hk18768
Maybe 3n^2 +n+2

I agree with Hk, I got -n, not +n
I think it should be 2n+1 though. If I remember it correctly
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you get for the actual solution?
(edited 1 year ago)
"For the diaganolisation ( if I spelled it correctly) did you get 2 4 8?"

yep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest