The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan and UK bank accounts

Hi

My daughter is hoping to attend University of Manchester in September.
She lives in France but has UK home status for fees and has applied for a student / maintenance loan. Student Finance have asked for her UK bank account, but I do not think it is possible to open one without a UK address. Are there any online banks which are accepted? E.g. Revolut / Wise.
Original post by Jennie2022
Hi

My daughter is hoping to attend University of Manchester in September.
She lives in France but has UK home status for fees and has applied for a student / maintenance loan. Student Finance have asked for her UK bank account, but I do not think it is possible to open one without a UK address. Are there any online banks which are accepted? E.g. Revolut / Wise.

Hi! We’re also in the same position with our own daughter who is entitled to home fees but currently lives in Germany. She emailed student finance the other day and is waiting for a response. I’ll let you know if she hears back. What course is your daughter planning on studying?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Rebeca5782
Hi! We’re also in the same position with our own daughter who is entitled to home fees but currently lives in Germany. She emailed student finance the other day and is waiting for a response. I’ll let you know if she hears back. What course is your daughter planning on studying?

Has your daughter heard back from Student Finance?
She is hoping to study biomedical science.
Original post by Jennie2022
Has your daughter heard back from Student Finance?
She is hoping to study biomedical science.

She got an automated response saying that they’d get back to her in 3-4 working days. Hopefully, we’ll hear something by the end of the week. Will keep you posted though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending