Turn on thread page Beta

Does this happen to anyone else?
    Since Year 7, I’ve been victimised by most of my peers or at best ignored.
    I’m now in Year 10 and I’ll give you an example of an average day:

Come into school

Group of female chavs go up to me and say really crude stuff like “You’re one fat sexy mama” or “I wanna lick your fanny” and chuck pens, bottles, crisps and cookies at me.

I go into form. Three boys in my form really get on my nerves. One of them constantly takes the mickey out of me because I play the clarinet and wets himself laughing at the idea that it looks like a penis. Another boy is a complete freak, he goes up to me, grabs my lovehandles and gets his mate to shove his head between my boobs. He sometimes grabs me and forces me to dance with him. He steals my stuff in art and generally stalks me around the classroom until he gets a reaction. The final boy, lets call him Laurence, I’ve been in a feud with for years. It’s died down after it came to a head. He took the mickey out of me for my mum being disabled and my dad being dead and says that he is better than me because I live in a smaller house and that I’m poorer than him. He also maintains the idea that he’s smarter than me when he reads Eragon and Harry Potter but I read Dickens, Nabakov or Shakespeare.
    I go into lessons, I’m generally left alone then apart from the clarinet boy and the arrogant sod ‘Laurence’ can occasionally make mean comments and get other people to tease me.
    At break, I get stalked by the freaky boy in my form and the chavvy girls. Also the chavvy boys begin to tease and jokingly say that their friend fancies me. If that doesn’t get a reaction, they start to say really sexually crude stuff or chuck things at me. So, I hide inside at break but teachers force me outside (even if they are aware of the bullying).
    By lunch, I eat my lunch in a place no-one knows so I won’t get teased in the lunch hall. Other years tend to bully me then by throwing food, pushing me or just being sexually crude again. Oh and the odd fat joke leaks into our conversation.

After my last lesson, I go home and hope that school will finish quickly.

Another problem is that when I report it, it goes to the Pastoral Leader. And guess what? She is the most cold-hearted evil woman I know. She dismissed my homelife and dad dying by saying, “So what? Many children have their fathers die and have a disabled mother.” Then she smirked as she said, “Is your brother still abusing you?” She knows about the time social services tried to sort my brother out. She blames me because she’s terrified of the chavs and their parents complaining about their kids being punished. My mum gets laughed at because the pastoral leader knows about her illness. The Headteacher says he is too busy to deal with it, so he refers me to this old woman who makes me cross-stitch with her. She just says, “It will be over soon.” Or “Stay with your friends.” When it is so obvious that I don’t have any!

Sorry for being really really long but I want to know if this happens to anyone else and if anyone has any advice?

Is anyone going to reply?

Leave the school if you can, it sounds like a nightmare !

You must go to an authority at school with this problem, or even the police. It may be a joke to the people victimising you, but you are being sexually assaulted and bullied.

Just remember it's not your fault that these people are doing this to you. They are complete scum and waste if they feel that treating people like that is acceptable. Don't feel you must attend school until this problem is resolved, get in contact with the head of year and make sure they deal with what is going on immediately.

ReputationRep:
    I would but that's way too much to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is anyone going to reply?
    That's awful. I feel sincerely sorry for you. I can't say I've been in the same situation, but my advice is not to lose hope. Believe me, once at uni/into the real life out there, you won't get bullied. And perhaps you could try and mingle with those people who aren't being complete *******s ?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, that sounds ten times worse than any bullying I've come across before. Is there any chance you can change school?

ReputationRep:
    Ok read it. Sounds like your the kid that weird fat kid that all the ******* in the school seem to pick on. They might have point or they might just be a bunch of *******.

You might want to try and make friends outside of school. Try joining a club or something like that where you can meet new people and just become a better person by over coming this bad stage at school.

ReputationRep:
    I would seriously get out of that situation i.e. leave the school.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Ok..first things first-You need to sit done and write down all the names of the people who bully you and what EXACTLY they say and do. Your school is actually breaking the law by treating you this way. Next, you need to get your mum to book a meeting with the head, if SERIOUS action isn't taken then i want you to go to the citizen's advice beauro cos they can telll you the number of your educational standards authority. Do not do nothing. This is not normal, and you should not have to put up with it. I would go in on the offence cos they're obv not taking you seriously. If needs be change school, press charges, do whatever it takes.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone thought that, given the OP's family situation, changing schools might not be a workable solution ?

ReputationRep:

It sounds like your school is horrible (or at least some of the people there). Could you try to make some friends who are nice?

I don't know of a way to stop bullies, I'm sorry, but the rest of your life won't be like this. At uni things will be better... hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal. Change schools. If they really truely won't do anything to help you, and You've tried, you need to change schools. Nobody has the right to treat you like that, ever. Ever. Never let anyone make you feel You're not good enough because that's them getting their way. You're better than them, and i hope you always know and never forget that.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, leave the school. If you don't get out on the first time of trying, go to appeal and appeal again and again and again. Where I live most people get a school move rejected first time but if the case is strong enough which yours should be, the appeal will work. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I think as said the only way for you to actually get out of this situation because it is no way the norm of a school; change schools and get somewhere away from this place.

ReputationRep:
    Get out of the school. I'd also call the police, because as some one else said, you're being sexually abused and bullied on levels that just aren't normal.

The irony is that this is the best school for bullying to be honest. All of the other schools have the more ’rowdy’ kids which would bully me even more. And I can’t find out all of the names of the people that bully me. Because if I try to listen into conversation or ask someone else what that person’s name is, they lie and say it is someone else so I report the wrong person. I can only report around seven people because I know their names.

ReputationRep:
    How do you not know their names?! What kinda of school do you go to?

Our school is streamed. Basically, I'm five sets above most of the people that bully me.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell does that mean?!

Basically, 'smarter kids' are put in different classes than 'dumber' kids and there are around 300 kids in my school year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.