Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was 200 kids in my school year and we all had the sets thing too but I still knew everyones name. The rest they don't like you might be because you clearly haven't made the effort to know them. Are you new to the school?

(Original post by Tonic)
    Yeah there was 200 kids in my school year and we all had the sets thing too but I still knew everyones name. The rest they don't like you might be because you clearly haven't made the effort to know them. Are you new to the school?
    Nah, I've hopped around social groups for years. They all reject me for the same reason, they get bullied for being friends with me. All the people that don't bully me unless made to are these people, but I could never be friends with them again.

I've tried and failed

ReputationRep:
    You didn't fail. You just go to school with a whole bunch of tossers and cowards. Try finding friends outside of school. Join groups outside of school where people won't get bullied to being your friend. Look on the internet for groups of young people doing fun stuff together that you can join.

You just have to be brave with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0129Hippy)
    Yes. Ok..first things first-You need to sit done and write down all the names of the people who bully you and what EXACTLY they say and do. Your school is actually breaking the law by treating you this way. Next, you need to get your mum to book a meeting with the head, if SERIOUS action isn't taken then i want you to go to the citizen's advice beauro cos they can telll you the number of your educational standards authority. Do not do nothing. This is not normal, and you should not have to put up with it. I would go in on the offence cos they're obv not taking you seriously. If needs be change school, press charges, do whatever it takes.

Follow this advice! ^^^ Even with just the seven people who you do know the names of. You can't carry on being treated like this, it's disgusting. I couldn't quite believe it. If it's any consolidation whatsoever, once you get to Sixth Form and then uni, everything will be fine. It's just when you're in a mixed environment of nice people (such as yourself) and morons at school that it can be bad... but saying that, not THIS bad! People grow up a hell of a lot when they get into Sixth Form, because they actually WANT to be there learning, and the same goes for uni. But sort it out - no-one deserves to be treated like that.

ReputationRep:
    follow that advice, also if you can, go to things out side of school, I recommend martial arts.

Firstly: you can start to defend yourself after a while
    secondly:if you make friends there, with someone tough, they may go to school with you sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any teachers you get on with who you could talk to, they might be able to advise you or talk to a more senior member of staff, bypassing the woman you have to go to.

ReputationRep:
    That's just plain wrong.
    Board of governors.
    If nothing happens, local authority.
    Also, if sexual stuff is going on on ~ANY~ level then police involvement wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus.

I don't know what you can do. This isn't serious enough to take to the police, as far as I know, although you are being sexually harrassed. Maybe you could threaten to tell the local paper? They could make a big deal out of it and maybe the threat will scare the school into action.

What is happening to you is foul. These people are foul. I'm sorry that I don't know how to help. Similar things happened to me at school (although not to such a horrible degree!) and all I could do was keep my head down and get on with my education. I had some friends, so I wasn't in such a horrible position.

If you can't sort this out, change schools. It will interrupt your education, but not as much as this bullying will.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so going to get negged for this, but why are you bullied so much, at so many different schools. If this was the only school you;d been to, then I'd say it's all the bullies and poor you and you need to report it. But you've been to several different schools, right?

Maybe you need to change something :confused:. I dunno, get some smarts. No, they have no right to do this, and I wish I could make them stop, but people generally bully the weird, weak, timid one... is this you?
    That your dad's dead and your mum's disabled is just an extra they use to insult you with, I imagine without that they'd stilll bully you... so you need to look at yourself. Like I said, get some smarts...

And yes, I was bullied in the past, but I smartened up and then no one touched me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm so going to get negged for this, but why are you bullied so much, at so many different schools. If this was the only school you;d been to, then I'd say it's all the bullies and poor you and you need to report it. But you've been to several different schools, right?

Maybe you need to change something :confused:. I dunno, get some smarts. No, they have no right to do this, and I wish I could make them stop, but people generally bully the weird, weak, timid one... is this you?
    That your dad's dead and your mum's disabled is just an extra they use to insult you with, I imagine without that they'd stilll bully you... so you need to look at yourself. Like I said, get some smarts...

And yes, I was bullied in the past, but I smartened up and then no one touched me.
    you're saying, change who you are to not be bullied? I won't neg you for that, but, disagree, be who you want to be regardless of them unless it becomes to a state where it's intolerable and no-one, like the police, can help you.

Be yourself.

If possible avoid conflict as it could make things worse (as in a fight, but police, maybe ask the head why such things can happen and them not be expelled, with your mum there of course).

How old are you?

year 10 is, 15?

edit:who the **** negged me for that without even saying why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry OP, that's terrible. Follow every one else's advice and report them again with as many specific names as you can and move schools if nothing improves. Even if there are similar kids at other schools, there are probably more friendly people there too and so even if you did get bullied there too it won't seem nearly as bad if you've got friends on your side.
    Don't let this carry on, no one deserves to be treated in this way. :hugs:

Those chavs sound like complete *****, as usual. If ever there was a reason to introduce selective breeding, this would be it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being serious? :eek4:

Thats HORRIBLE!!! :shock:

You need to get someone in to talk to your Head Teacher or something ... you might try and record whats happening in a diary or have some evidence and go talk to your council or someone ... what you've written it sounds horrible and its not only bullying, there is sexual harassment ... talk to someone with authority ... don't take it because there is only 1 year of school left :no:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    This must be awfully traumatising, and although it's not unheard of, it sounds like a particularly extreme case of bullying. Action is certainly required, as mentioned by above posters. I hope you feel you are mature enough to take the following steps, and hope you can read it all (it's a bit of an essay!!)

Even if you feel that there are no students you can make friends with or confide in (which I hope isn't the case! there is always at least one person in a situation that will help you i believe), there will at least one teacher you respect and who gets on with you. Approach them. 0129Hippy has given good advice in recommending that you detail exactly who has done exactly what and for how long, and always record the most serious offences too. If your school has CCTV, be sure to remember where it's located and if you ever feel unsafe, head for there so anything done is recorded. As much as a society that we hate Big Brother antics, this is where it can help you.

When you approach the teacher or person you trust (do you have a matron or anyone?) explain that you would like to discuss a very serious issue that involves you, and you would like it to be discussed in confidence and strict privacy but escalated as necessary. You may wish to ask for 2 teachers (which I highly recommend), one can record the meeting and may know information regarding student welfare the other doesn't. At this point I would state that you are being bullied, and it has been going on for x number of weeks/months, and you feel it is now at a stage where it is out of hand. Then hand over a copy of the record that you have compiled of the most serious offences, but also mention the more "menial" things you have experienced, such as the parental references and how much this affects you. Restrain yourself from calling them names like "chavs" and "********s" in the meeting and on the paper (that must be only factual) or however else you feel (and yes it is a totally accurate to call them such things from what you have written), as this will damage the strength of your complaint, which is critical. Then go on to explain that you have seen this Pastoral Leader and explain how efforts to approach her have been unsuccessful, again stopping yourself from saying that she is intimidated by other parents. Make it clear EXACTLY what you want done to resolve the problem, for instance, the complete stopping of bullying both inside and outside of school, the immediate stop of sexual harrassment, no more intimidation and generally a safe environment in which you can learn. Remind the teacher(s) that your mum is disabled and you are effectively having to raise this on your own, and explain the level of involvement your mum could be a part of.

Before you do this, hopefully you will have been able to discuss this very carefully with your mum, and will know what you are prepared to accept as solutions (i.e. request a transfer to another local school, request home tutoring from your local authority, approach the police or an MP if things are horrific - you have to evaluate the severity of this, and no excuses, if it is bad, make it clear). Do not ask for anything that your mum has not approved; you don't want to fall out with your mum over something so serious in only year 10. You need to basically have a practise run with your mum before seeing the teachers, and ask your mum about her level of committment she could give to dealing with the school.

Hopefully your teachers will be able to bypass this Pastoral Leader and may involve a student counsellor, and escalate a serious complaint to the headteacher, as well as recommend the review of CCTV and interview other teachers. Ask at the end of the meeting what your teachers can/will do, and agree a timeframe which they should be able to complete the agreed actions. Thank them for their time and any help they can give you. Should this fail, and presuming the bullying is still continuing, you could try and research your local education authority. Sadly, however, the chances are a complaint from a teacher or counsellor will be reviewed faster, and chances are more serious action will be taken against the authorities in the school, should they fail to provide an adequate resolution in a reasonable time. This is why it is essential you contact and confide in a teacher you can trust, and who you feel gets on with you. Involve your mum in every possible way should things get to this stage.

This is certainly sub-human behaviour from what you have written. Every kid in the UK deserves to have the pleasure of learning without intimidation, harrassment, and ultimately criminal behaviour. I hope you do not lose any desires you have to academically succeed and beat the scum at GCSEs and hopefully at higher levels. Read and learn outside of school. Teach yourself, see if you can buy the excellent CGP revision books, or rent them from a library. Also, Tonic's advice of joining clubs or societies outside of school is a great idea, even if the way he said that was pretty insensitive (sorry but if you are fat that's not "a point" to justify the actions they are taking from how OP is describing it).

Although it sounds impossible, try and ignore these idiots as best as you can while hopefully the school takes action. They thrive from reactions. Try and refrain from taking anything of value into school, so if it is damaged you can shrug your shoulders and walk away. Have several pencil cases in different locations in case they decide it's a good idea to steal your stuff. Do not comfort eat (I nearly did) - try and eat healthily, with low sugar and salt and monostaurated fatty foods - it will give you more energy and positivity. Crisps are a nightmare. Fresh fruit in the day and only one or two squares of dark choc are amazing at night. Exercise also does wonders for positivity. Try and integrate with people you have stuff in common with - what activities do you like? are you into music other than the clarinet/is there an orchestra you can join? (i always find musicians to be highly approachable for some reason...) do you watch popular tv series?? having a knowledge of current affairs and material which you can discuss with other people will do wonders for finding common ground. I hope you already do some of this stuff, it's just reaffirming it.

No, this is not normal. Hopefully some of the advice given here and by other posters can help alleviate what must be an awful phase of your life. Good luck, if you need any more help or advice or if you want us to check anything formal or letters or anything (sorry but you will have to be brave and mature here to get what you want out of this situation) then we will be more than happy to. PM me if you want, I've done a few formal letters in my time. I hope you manage to read to here, and I wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonic)
    Ok read it. Sounds like your the kid that weird fat kid that all the ******* in the school seem to pick on. They might have point or they might just be a bunch of *******.

You might want to try and make friends outside of school. Try joining a club or something like that where you can meet new people and just become a better person by over coming this bad stage at school.

How, in God's name, could they have any kind of a point? What she is experiencing is gratuitous bullying, and there is no justification.

Your latter piece of advice is platitudinous too - and I'd argue it to be completely irrelevant, in fact. I hardly think that 'joining a club' is going to solve the intense bullying she is suffering.

If you don't have anything decent or constructive to contribute, why don't you just not bother in future?

ReputationRep:
    Btw - while you should never have to change yourself simply to avoid torment, sometimes you need to as it is the only practical solution.

Why do you think they really pick on you? Are you oblivious of your appearance? Overweight? Next time you go shopping, make sure you get stuff that suits you and make you feel confident. Maybe go to the gym or just go running?

As I said, I don't think you should have to change but it might be the only way to get people to lay off.

ReputationRep:
    Your life seems so difficult. I feel terrible for you. I can't really offer any useful advice, or advice that hasn't been given already, but I hope things improve soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    Your latter piece of advice is platitudinous too - and I'd argue it to be completely irrelevant, in fact.
    I actually disagree with you thisisyesterday, I think that getting to meet new people outside of a place associated with unhappiness and discrimination would be a massively positive step. However, I agree with your criticism of Tonic's initial tone and I thank you for reintroducing me to the word "platitudinous", I haven't heard it in far too long!

EDIT - Apologies for my last essay, I wrote that when there were only like 6 replies, so I haven't adjusted my advice to include OP's responses to other posters. I stand by what I have written however, and I hope you feel you can approach teachers to identify students, you must know the classes they are in?? And I'm guessing your school has an e-register with a mugshot of every pupil on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)

You shouldn't get negged. That's a very sensible post.

FAO the OP: unfortunately horrible people do exist and as I know from experience bullying is horrible. Yet you seem to accept that you would get bullied everywhere - why? I know there's obvoiusly something different about you because you wouldn't be certain of being bullied wherever you go for no reason. If you feel brave enough to admit, why do you get bullied?

I was a complete idiot about five years ago. I got bullied a fair bit however it wasn't much of a surprise seeing as I often came across as unlikeable and serious in response to any silly insults and used to punch people when I got wound up (got suspended a couple of teams for my persistent physical violence). I knew I had to change and as a result I ended up leaving school far calmer, nicer and funnier than back then.

I have to admit I didn't receive similar to what you did, but whether you stay or change schools, you'll have to change if you think bullying is inevitable. You will need help from others also - it's understandable for someone to not always "just laugh it off" when they got sexual abuse and the like. I think it seems serious for you to consider ringing the police - it's not just the bullying but the school's stupid attitude.

ReputationRep:
    I think Nick's advice is the best so far, really OP you need to do something about this and get some help.

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.