The Student Room Group

National Insurance application.

Hi. I have just had my student finance approved. I'm a UK national but don't have a national insurance number. The government website says that once an application is approved 'you will get an ni number'. I'm just wondering how this works. Does SLE do this on my behalf, or do I need to do anything . Many thanks.
Original post by Robbybobby1
Hi. I have just had my student finance approved. I'm a UK national but don't have a national insurance number. The government website says that once an application is approved 'you will get an ni number'. I'm just wondering how this works. Does SLE do this on my behalf, or do I need to do anything . Many thanks.

Hi there,

Once your application has been approved, we will send your details to DWP, they will then send you out an application pack to complete and send back.

Thanks, Erin
Great. Thank you very much, Erin.
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

Once your application has been approved, we will send your details to DWP, they will then send you out an application pack to complete and send back.

Thanks, Erin
Great. Thank you very much, Erin.

Hi there, You're welcome! If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Hi there.
I haven't yet received anything. Should I contact anyone to check on things, or ought I wait a little longer as my postal address is in Spain? And would I contact DWP directly?
I'm just worried that things may not be sorted before term starts.
Many thanks for your help.
Hi there.
I haven't yet received anything. Should I contact anyone to check on things, or ought I wait a little longer as my postal address is in Spain? And would I contact DWP directly?
I'm just worried that things may not be sorted before term starts.
Many thanks for your help.

When was your application approved?

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
When was your application approved?

Thanks, Erin

It was about a fortnight ago.
It was about a fortnight ago.

Hi Robby,

It may be best to contact us so that we can check your account for you. You can get your question answered by using our live chat or secure messaging service in your student finance account.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Robby,

It may be best to contact us so that we can check your account for you. You can get your question answered by using our live chat or secure messaging service in your student finance account.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Okay. I'll do that.
Thanks again.
Okay. I'll do that.
Thanks again.

You're welcome, Robby - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending