Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New contact lenses user who has left her suitcase on the bus needs help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Well, the title explains it all really. Because I am an idiot I wandered off the bus on the way back from visiting my friend in Oxford in my dreamworld and forgot my suitcase containing my clothes, dressing gown etc but also my contact lenses solution, (I wear monthlies, not daily ones) the contact lens container I put them in over night and the saline stuff. As it's a Sunday I can't get hold of the bus company to reclaim it and all the opticians were closed by the time I got back - you're not supposed to sleep in them so i've borrowed some saline from someone and put the lenses in the saline (in a mug!) for the night - will that be ok?? Will I ruin them by not putting them in that weird acidy stuff?
    Any help or advice appreciated! I am still a novice (ie, it still takes me about half an hour of fussing in front of the mirror trying to touch my eye!)
    Thanks!!
    Jess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesstifer)
    you're not supposed to sleep in them so i've borrowed some saline from someone and put the lenses in the saline (in a mug!) for the night - will that be ok?? Will I ruin them by not putting them in that weird acidy stuff?
    As long as the mug's clean it should be fine.
    Also, it's not the end of the world if you sleep in them, but don't try and make it a habit.

Your optician would probably recommend that you just took a new pair, but personally, I think the worst that can happen is having red eyes for a morning.

I presume you lost your glasses, too then?

ReputationRep:
    As long as the mug is clean you should be fine as long as you rinse the lenses with the proper solution before putting them back in again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.