The Student Room Group

Is gender justice the same as Equality?

English is not my first language!
I have a law assignment regarding "Envisioning A New Legal Framework for Gender Justice". I cannot find much relevant stuff online when i search gender justice. Is gender justice the same as equality?
Also would be grateful if someone could help me out in this assignment!
(edited 1 year ago)
i don’t study law, but i’ve studied moral philosophy, ethics and criminology. gender justice isn’t the same as equality. for example: you can have two employees, male and female, who work in the same position, and earn the same amount of money; this is gender justice, being treated the same regardless of gender. however, equality goes far beyond: race, age, disability, etc. just because genders are “equal”, it doesn’t mean inequality doesn’t exist. minorities can still be discriminated against, people who are younger and do the same job as someone older will be paid less, people who are poorer can be treated differently etc. hope this helps.
Reply 2
t
Original post by KhaoticCarnage
i don’t study law, but i’ve studied moral philosophy, ethics and criminology. gender justice isn’t the same as equality. for example: you can have two employees, male and female, who work in the same position, and earn the same amount of money; this is gender justice, being treated the same regardless of gender. however, equality goes far beyond: race, age, disability, etc. just because genders are “equal”, it doesn’t mean inequality doesn’t exist. minorities can still be discriminated against, people who are younger and do the same job as someone older will be paid less, people who are poorer can be treated differently etc. hope this helps.

thank you so much! I really appreciate your answer!
Moved to law study help

Quick Reply

Latest