The Student Room Group

Courses

Is Msc in accounts and finance from university of surrey worth it?
Why would you take it - what would be your objectives for taking the course?

In general I'm very suspicious about A+F masters degree - but they can be valid options.
Original post by Manmeet Singh
Is Msc in accounts and finance from university of surrey worth it?

Hi there,

To introduce myself I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

It's great to hear that you are interested to study Accounting and Finance at Surrey:smile:

Our MSc Accounting and Finance course is taught by Surrey Business School. You'll graduate equipped with the skills needed to work in multinational corporations and be a successful decision-maker in an increasingly complex global financial environment. This course is practical in nature and will encourage you to embrace regular opportunities to engage with real business problems throughout your studies. You’ll gain a solid understanding of popular financial and management accounting systems and how they are applied in decision-making. You’ll learn econometric techniques and take modules in the foundations of accounting and finance, equipping you with the skills and knowledge to thrive in today’s ever-changing global business environment. The core modules of this course explore both industry-relevant theory and the quantitative techniques you’ll need to understand related literature and carry out empirical investigations. We're ranked in the top 10 for business and economics in the UK by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions or want to find out more about Surrey, please let me know!

Joao
Economics
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest