The Student Room Group

Why should abortion be illegal?

It's for a speech in english; language speech for GCSE's
Reply 1
tell em it shouldn't. these essays really try and make you argue against your own beliefs lol.
You could maybe state some reasons why some people believe it should be illegal such as those with harsh beliefs etc then you can put your own input just assuming you disagree with the statement you can say I however believe abortions are a human right and often are the safest thing for a woman in certain situations such as etopic pregnancies which need to be terminated, without legal abortion laws this can lead to severe complications and can even cause a woman to have her reproductive organs removed completely
I'm pro-choice but from what my brother has said (he's pro-life):

-abortion is murdering an innocent baby who has no say in it
-the baby can feel it being sucked out?? apparently it feels pain at that stage, no idea if that's true or not
-people get abortions for fun (don't think this is true but he said it-)
-failed abortions can happen causing deformities

It's best to have arguments for both, but more for the side you agree with so you can convince the audience successfully
Original post by hannah.06
I'm pro-choice but from what my brother has said (he's pro-life):

-abortion is murdering an innocent baby who has no say in it
-the baby can feel it being sucked out?? apparently it feels pain at that stage, no idea if that's true or not
-people get abortions for fun (don't think this is true but he said it-)
-failed abortions can happen causing deformities

It's best to have arguments for both, but more for the side you agree with so you can convince the audience successfully

im 100% pro-choice but if you want to argue for it there’s this women who is deformed because of a failed abortion she does speeches and stuff. There all a bit bs though she basically just complains about how bad her life is and that she wanted to be dead anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest