The Student Room Group

Change Post grad Masters Degree

Hello,

I am currently approaching the end of my first year masters in Building Surveying. I have enjoyed the course but I feel I have chosen the wrong subject to study - is it possible to change Master's degree to Law LLM instead and how would this impact funding?

Thanks for your help.
Original post by TRFC1984
Hello,

I am currently approaching the end of my first year masters in Building Surveying. I have enjoyed the course but I feel I have chosen the wrong subject to study - is it possible to change Master's degree to Law LLM instead and how would this impact funding?

Thanks for your help.

Hi there, Will you be withdrawing from your current course or are you transferring courses? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
(Original post by SFE Karen)Hi there, Will you be withdrawing from your current course or are you transferring courses? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I will likely withdraw and reapply for the new course as they are at different universities.
Original post by TRFC1984
(Original post by SFE Karen)Hi there, Will you be withdrawing from your current course or are you transferring courses? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I will likely withdraw and reapply for the new course as they are at different universities.

Students are only entitled to apply for 1 Postgraduate Loan unless there were mitigating circumstances as to why you left your previous course. You can find more information here: http://ow.ly/XUdW30pchhz

If there weren't mitigating circumstances as to why you left your previous course you wouldn't be eligible to apply for another Postgraduate Loan and you would need to self fund your new course. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending