Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I've used this site in the past to gain ideas and help with other work but I'm really struggling on 'Wise Children' by Angela Carter.
    I'm re-sitting it in January (I got a D first time around) and really want to do well on this unit.
    I know the text throughout and remember quotes, but my only trouble is structuring the essay, for example, I don't intergrate my quotes well and don't talk about Carter's techniques well enough and have trouble coming to grips with what carnivalesque, magic realism and have trouble when talking about critics views.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Get a tutor to teach you how to write essays. About carnivalesque and magic realism, what do you understand about them so far?

ReputationRep:
    Ask my a paticular question and I'll be able to help, otherwise I don't know what to help with, other than "Wise Children" and essay structures in general.

I'm studying it by the way, becoming a dab hand at it as well :p: So feel free to ask for any help anytime.

ReputationRep:
    i frigging love wise children, as is evident in my user title :love:
    dora is my favourite narrator ever
    and yes, i echo the above. specificish questions please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.