The Student Room Group

Btec assignment recorded as "not submitted"

Can someone please help me understand the marking system of Business Btec level3 assignments. I handed in an assignment that included Pass, Merit and Distinction. The tutor said Pass and Merit were not achieved and Distinction was "not submitted - no clear attempt".
My work clearly stated "Distinction" on page 7, which continued to page 12.
I resubmitted the Pass, Merit and Distinction. The tutor then said I had achieved Pass and Merit, but distinction was still not submitted.
I asked for my work to be marked and to be given feedback, especially as I have special needs and need to know what I have done wrong.
Unfortunately the Tutor is refusing to do this. She said I can do a resubmission, but would get no help.
She stated, "A student may think he has attempted it but if a tutor deems this as not a strong enough attempt, which in this case is true, then there is no further feedback can be given other than what was originally delivered in class"
I would be very grateful if someone could confirm this is correct or is the tutor supposed to mark my work?
Original post by bmezz
Can someone please help me understand the marking system of Business Btec level3 assignments. I handed in an assignment that included Pass, Merit and Distinction. The tutor said Pass and Merit were not achieved and Distinction was "not submitted - no clear attempt".
My work clearly stated "Distinction" on page 7, which continued to page 12.
I resubmitted the Pass, Merit and Distinction. The tutor then said I had achieved Pass and Merit, but distinction was still not submitted.
I asked for my work to be marked and to be given feedback, especially as I have special needs and need to know what I have done wrong.
Unfortunately the Tutor is refusing to do this. She said I can do a resubmission, but would get no help.
She stated, "A student may think he has attempted it but if a tutor deems this as not a strong enough attempt, which in this case is true, then there is no further feedback can be given other than what was originally delivered in class"
I would be very grateful if someone could confirm this is correct or is the tutor supposed to mark my work?

A resubmission can only be authorised, if you met the original deadline and your tutor 'believes you can improve without any help', so although you have submitted it, if it was not of sufficient quality to cover the Dis criteria, then your teacher is correct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending