The Student Room Group

Never getting a 6 pack

Hi,

I have APT for about a decade and I tried (though not consistently) some hip flexor stretches and glute strengtheners. Sad thing is that I never seen any progress. I always look fat with skinny arms and I always fear that I can never change this look and I’ll stay like a guy with an ab-less bloat for the rest of my life. Even worse is that I’m studying which means that I have to sit for most durations of the day which means that any stretches I do, won’t be effective since they will be ruined by my sitting.

Does anyone have any advice. I wish I could reverse this posture for the aesthetics.
Will I ever get a 6 pack?
You can go to the local store and buy it.

All jokes aside, you need to eat less calories and you'll lose weight - regardless of activity done.
Original post by gtty123
You can go to the local store and buy it.

All jokes aside, you need to eat less calories and you'll lose weight - regardless of activity done.

Do you even understand what I’m on about?
Calorie deficit, more cardio, a high protein diet and less sugar usually is the key to getting abs.
Original post by Funtimes01_
Calorie deficit, more cardio, a high protein diet and less sugar usually is the key to getting abs.

Except my abs are weak for some bs posture called APT. it’s not easy ffs. Otherwise I’ve had abs years ago. Can you at least read what I’ve wrote in my OP??
Is APT anterior pelvic tilt?
Original post by 14ahussain
Do you even understand what I’m on about?

Everyone has abs - a condition doesn't stop you losing fat.
A six pack is purely an aesthetic appearance - you can have very strong core muscles, but most people won't have them being visible. The only way they are visible on models, bodybuilders etc is due to them having extremely restrictive diets and usually being very dehydrated at the time of the photoshoot/competition, and flexing very hard while also sucking in their stomach during the competition/photos being taken. Offseason bodybuilders and models who aren't flexing every muscle in their body after not drinking for three days won't have nearly as noticeable six packs (if at all).
moved your thread to a more relevant section for you :smile:
Original post by JadenRichie
Is APT anterior pelvic tilt?

Yes
your local tesco sainsbury etc will have plenty of 6 packs man

fosters are my fav
Original post by dogsteppedonbee
your local tesco sainsbury etc will have plenty of 6 packs man

fosters are my fav

Haha very funny
Reply 12
I tried (though not consistently)

This may be the issue. Apart from medical and surgical means, there are no quick fixes for the body. I don't know about anterior pelvic tilt specifically, but it took over a year of consistent lifting and getting stronger all over the body to fix the poor posture I had as a teenager. It takes time to hypertrophy and strengthen the muscles to be able to maintain good posture without fatiguing.

Getting abs is a bit different. That requires you to lose fat all over your body (because you can't spot reduce) with a calorie deficit.
Reply 13
I can't get abs regardless of what I've tried and I don't have any conditions. It's just simply not easy for the average human being. I can get close to having them but I have to eat at a deficit and cut out a lot of the the foods I enjoy. Then I drop to 70kg and look too skinny elsewhere just so I can start showing a four pack. To me the trade off isn't worth it.

Sticking at 77kg feels like a decent balance, 2300 calories per day average and exercise 6 days per week. Weights one day, cardio the next for 30 minutes- 1 hour each. Once per week I do an abs session in with weights just to keep on top of them but I see no real results tbh. Just exercise what you enjoy.

Bigger arms looks better anyway imo
Truthfully ignored this thread until I realised APT was anterior pelvic tilt. I was considered for surgery for it at 9. I made it a lot better by sleeping with a pillow underneath my knees (back) or between my legs (side). No more problems with abs. (I've always been skinny and still had a stomach with bad anterior pelvic tilt, so a calorie deficit isn't going to change anything.)
Hi,

I have APT for about a decade and I tried (though not consistently) some hip flexor stretches and glute strengtheners. Sad thing is that I never seen any progress. I always look fat with skinny arms and I always fear that I can never change this look and I’ll stay like a guy with an ab-less bloat for the rest of my life. Even worse is that I’m studying which means that I have to sit for most durations of the day which means that any stretches I do, won’t be effective since they will be ruined by my sitting.

Does anyone have any advice. I wish I could reverse this posture for the aesthetics.
Will I ever get a 6 pack?

Hey there, I hope you're doing well. although I don't know what APT is it feels like you've been dealt a bad card in your life. Now the way I see it is you can worry about it and not make any progress or you can try harder by going to the gym, following a good diet, getting a good routine, being on a caloric deficit, and everything else that is possible depending on your situation and how bad you want it. Now for the second part I know it sucks that humans have to stick to computer//laptops screens for the most part of their day this makes the posture worse and has many detrimental effects related to health and body however to overcome this you can develop a routine where you work for some time and then take a walk or maybe go get something some tea and biscuits that help you keep any activity going which actually helps you work and focus better and increase your productivity if you're working on intervals. I am doing this for some time now and this helps me feel better and focus compared to me sitting all day and working.

Quick Reply