The Student Room Group

AQA Grade Boundaries Physics A level

What kind of grade boundaries are people expecting for this year, people seem very mixed on whether this year's papers were hard or not. How did you find this year's papers compared to past papers?
Reply 1
Past papers are a lot more easier compared to this year for paper 1 and 2. Haven’t rlly done any past papers for paper 3, so i cant rlly compare this years paper 3, to the other past papers. But the turning points module was acc quite decent. Practical paper was ok tbh, nothing amazing rlly.
I rlly want an A. But idk since my paper 2 went terribly wrong lmao. Paper 1 and Paper 3 was alright. It should be lower then 2019 hopefully.
Original post by BiscuitRiskIt
What kind of grade boundaries are people expecting for this year, people seem very mixed on whether this year's papers were hard or not. How did you find this year's papers compared to past papers?

This year definitely harder, would not be surprised if grade boundaries are 2021 levels ish
Original post by 2022 g
Past papers are a lot more easier compared to this year for paper 1 and 2. Haven’t rlly done any past papers for paper 3, so i cant rlly compare this years paper 3, to the other past papers. But the turning points module was acc quite decent. Practical paper was ok tbh, nothing amazing rlly.
I rlly want an A. But idk since my paper 2 went terribly wrong lmao. Paper 1 and Paper 3 was alright. It should be lower then 2019 hopefully.

The turning points was pretty good and I did reasonable on paper 1 even though the questions seemed a bit weird.
Just not sure I did well enough on paper 2 and the practical side though. Would like an A* but the A is what I need so I guess for now it's just hoping I did enough for at least that.
Original post by StupidDog
This year definitely harder, would not be surprised if grade boundaries are 2021 levels ish

You never know, they are planning to give some more top grades out this year and I didn't find these papers any easier than many of the practice papers really
Reply 5
The turning points was pretty good and I did reasonable on paper 1 even though the questions seemed a bit weird.
Just not sure I did well enough on paper 2 and the practical side though. Would like an A* but the A is what I need so I guess for now it's just hoping I did enough for at least that.

I won’t be too annoyed if I get a B. Il be over the moon for an A. After paper 2 my chances of getting an a* dropped fast. Felt so bad right after that crappy exam. At this point I jus wanna go uni lmao. Got maths left on Tuesday. Hoping for an easy ass paper.
I have edexcel stats and mechanics on tuesday

Original post by 2022 g
I won’t be too annoyed if I get a B. Il be over the moon for an A. After paper 2 my chances of getting an a* dropped fast. Felt so bad right after that crappy exam. At this point I jus wanna go uni lmao. Got maths left on Tuesday. Hoping for an easy ass paper.
Reply 7
I have edexcel stats and mechanics on tuesday

Yeh sameee. How did u find paper 1 and 2? And how u feeling for paper3?
personally paper 1 and 2 went rlly well. Paper 1 > Paper 2 imo.
Original post by 2022 g
Yeh sameee. How did u find paper 1 and 2? And how u feeling for paper3?
personally paper 1 and 2 went rlly well. Paper 1 > Paper 2 imo.

I don't necessarily think they were really easy papers but they went extremely well for me, super confident in them. Paper 2 was just a bit better for me I think.
Reply 9
I don't necessarily think they were really easy papers but they went extremely well for me, super confident in them. Paper 2 was just a bit better for me I think.

Ah fair enough. For me paper 2 felt slightly harder. But I do think paper 1 was quite easy. Only thing bad about paper 1 was timing.
I’m a bit scared for paper 3. Literally cramming in stats and mechanics lmao.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 2022 g
Ah fair enough. For me paper 2 felt slightly harder. But I do think paper 1 was quite easy. Only thing bad about paper 1 was timing.
I’m a bit scared for paper 3. Literally cramming in stats and mechanics lmao.

I feel like my mechanics is kind of ok, but the stats is totally forgotten lol

Quick Reply

Latest