Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Hope someone can help as I'm a little stuck. I have an essay to do for Economics 1st year university level on taxes. I don't want answers or anything, just for someone to guide me in the right direction. The question is:
    If it doesn’t matter whether taxes are imposed on buyers or sellers, what does matter?

I am reading over my tax chapter in my Economics textbook. If anyone could even suggest what main points/features I should discuss in my essay that would be such a help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcampo)
    Hi there. Hope someone can help as I'm a little stuck. I have an essay to do for Economics 1st year university level on taxes. I don't want answers or anything, just for someone to guide me in the right direction. The question is:
    If it doesn’t matter whether taxes are imposed on buyers or sellers, what does matter?

I am reading over my tax chapter in my Economics textbook. If anyone could even suggest what main points/features I should discuss in my essay that would be such a help!
    It can be down to the elasticities of demand and supply. Certain extreme values, for example, can cause firms to pass on the full cost of tax to consumers.

Read into the "incidence of tax on consumers"; change (p) / change (t) = n / (n - e).

ReputationRep:
    hello, by coincidence im doing the exact same essay at the moment and i really dont know where to start. im just basically gonna write whatever i know or can read in the textbook and online about taxes. tax incidence, equivalance of tax etc.

any more help would be greatly appreciated.

alcampo you dont go to queens belfast by any chance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.