So I've found a Payroll Administrator job
Salary: £5.73 per hour
Job Type: Temporary
Reed Accountancy have a number of temorary positions that may be avaivable to you!!! etc....
So I went on to this website - Tells you about Payroll Administrators
In the section "What qualifications and experience will employers look for?
I can say that:
I am comfortable with maths got an (A) at GCSE level but (D) at A-Level.
I have "lots" of Comp exp. with spreadsheets and databases.
1) How much maths do you need for this kinda job differentiation? Hope not.
2) What I want to know is has any one done this Payroll Administrator job with no experience? Just went into the interview and told them am good with numbers and spreadsheets.
3) What would the day to day actives be like do you think? (or in your job)
4) Whats the program Pegasus like, could "anyone" easily use it?
5) Anything else I should know?
6) What other (if there is) accounting type jobs could someone get into without any working exp? Cause there's all these different names payroll admin, payroll co-ordinator etc..
Payroll Administrator - What's all about? Watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Chi206; 10-11-2008 at 01:40.
- 10-11-2008 01:17
- 10-11-2008 01:31
Just from my knowledgeas my friend works in accounting:
1) Well you would need to be good with figures and would be working within finance constantly. As it is temporary I would say you need experience as a payroll admin or purchase ledger possibly, book keeping etc. You need to be accurate with your figures as you are issuing staff with their money, also working out tax possibly etc.
2) You can do it with no experience and the company would train you but I wouldn't expect this on a temporary job. Maybe a temporary to permenant for the right candidate but they would have said this in the job description.
3) The link you gave above gives your answer to this one
4) No. You need to be trained in it and the platform it runs on. I'm pretty good with software and taught myself to use Photoshop but this is accounting software we are talking about.
5) Contact Reed and ask more about the job, but I don't think you will be able to apply without experience
- 10-11-2008 01:33
you get to know how much everyone gets paid
- 26-10-2013 12:40
- 29-10-2013 17:56
- 29-10-2013 18:18
Irrelevant post though so soz, should have started a new thread.