The Student Room Group

Language GCSEs

I have my German yr10 mocks this week and I havent revised. I never have any motivation to revise german, and none of it stayes in my head when I do. I realy don't want to take the exams next year (or the ones this week for that matter) but realy love the class, its the highlight of my school week but I just can't deal with the exams, and I want to quit the exam but I don't know if I can and I can't leave the class even if I wanted to but they stress me out and I realy don't know what I should do about it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1ris
I have my German yr10 mocks this week and I havent revised. I never have any motivation to revise german, and none of it states in my head when I do. I realy don't want to take the exams next year (or the ones this week for that matter) but realy love the class, its the highlight of my school week but I just can't deal with the exams, and I want to quit the exam but I don't know if I can and I can't leave the class even if I wanted to but they stress me out and I realy don't know what I should do about it.

they’re just mocks it’s fine
Reply 2
Original post by aliciaej
they’re just mocks it’s fine

I know it just stresses me out when I have no idea what I'm doing 😂
Original post by 1ris
I have my German yr10 mocks this week and I havent revised. I never have any motivation to revise german, and none of it stayes in my head when I do. I realy don't want to take the exams next year (or the ones this week for that matter) but realy love the class, its the highlight of my school week but I just can't deal with the exams, and I want to quit the exam but I don't know if I can and I can't leave the class even if I wanted to but they stress me out and I realy don't know what I should do about it.

Honestly do not worry about it too much- I'd probably say do as much revision as u can whether its getting a family member to test you on key vocabulary, or even doing some Seneca or Memrise. I hated French when I did my gcse especially revising it but it became one of my favourite subjects to revise when using online learning tools such as Seneca, Memrise, or quizlet as they form part of active learning. Even dedicating 10 mins a day testing urself on these websites will surely help u.\
Reply 4
Original post by Ridhi28
Honestly do not worry about it too much- I'd probably say do as much revision as u can whether its getting a family member to test you on key vocabulary, or even doing some Seneca or Memrise. I hated French when I did my gcse especially revising it but it became one of my favourite subjects to revise when using online learning tools such as Seneca, Memrise, or quizlet as they form part of active learning. Even dedicating 10 mins a day testing urself on these websites will surely help u.\

thats usually the problem as for some reason i get really awkward about other people outside of class hearing me practice german, i think thats why I'm aufull at revision but i didnt know seneca had languages (we use it for science at school) so i might check that out. thanks for the sugestions!
Original post by 1ris
thats usually the problem as for some reason i get really awkward about other people outside of class hearing me practice german, i think thats why I'm aufull at revision but i didnt know seneca had languages (we use it for science at school) so i might check that out. thanks for the sugestions!

of course- all the best for the mock
Reply 6
Original post by Ridhi28
of course- all the best for the mock

thanks!
Original post by 1ris

i did GCSE german and found it helpful to actually speak answers rather than write them down

also have a look on quizlet, it’s useful for all subjects. an app called ‘Drops’ was pretty useful, and kind of fun too, for german - it was good for learning the basics
Original post by 1ris

You don't need German GCSE - get your parents to withdraw you from the exam.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
You don't need German GCSE - get your parents to withdraw you from the exam.

unfortuanly i know for a fact that they would just tell me i need to do more revision and ill be fine but i was thinking of asking
Original post by 1ris
unfortuanly i know for a fact that they would just tell me i need to do more revision and ill be fine but i was thinking of asking

If it's affecting your other subjects it's better to take fewer GCSEs and get good grades.

Quick Reply