The Student Room Group

Architecture Nottingham 2022

Hey!! Is anyone going to Nottingham for architecture or goes to Nottingham and currently studies architecture?? Also, does anyone know about how lenient they are with grades cause I feel like I might end up with A*AC.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Amarachi18
Hey!! Is anyone going to Nottingham for architecture or goes to Nottingham and currently studies architecture?? Also, does anyone know about how lenient they are with grades cause I feel like I might end up with A*AC.

heyy I'm going to be studying architecture this year at UON. I'm not sure about the grades, but i think unis will be more lenient because of the effects of covid.
Original post by victoria.s18
heyy I'm going to be studying architecture this year at UON. I'm not sure about the grades, but i think unis will be more lenient because of the effects of covid.

Ok no worries, thanks!! Btw what A levels did you take :smile:
Ok no worries, thanks!! Btw what A levels did you take :smile:

I did maths, physics and 3d design. Physics was a struggle for me. wbu?
I did maths, physics and 3d design. Physics was a struggle for me. wbu?

Samee, I did maths physics and art. Physics was awful for me and I have no idea how I’ve done in the exam but I hope you found yours alright!!
Samee, I did maths physics and art. Physics Physics was probably my was awful for me and I have no idea how I’ve done in the exam but I hope you found yours alright!!

Physics was probably my hardest paper, but I hope they lower the grade boundaries. What other unis did you apply to?
Physics was probably my hardest paper, but I hope they lower the grade boundaries. What other unis did you apply to?

I applied to UCL, Sheffield and Loughborough but chose Cardiff as my insurance, wbu??
I applied to UCL, Sheffield and Loughborough but chose Cardiff as my insurance, wbu??

BCU, Bath, Sheffield and I insured Dmu
BCU, Bath, Sheffield and I insured Dmu

Ooooh ok good luckkk🤞
Ooooh ok good luckkk🤞

Thank youuu, you too :smile:
Hi! I got an offer to study architecture at Nottingham. This is one of the few chats I found. Did you guys get offers too?
Original post by FluffyUniforns
Hi! I got an offer to study architecture at Nottingham. This is one of the few chats I found. Did you guys get offers too?

Heyy, yea I got an offer aswell. are you in any group chats?

Sadly no, I’m doing a foundation course at Nottingham that will get me into architecture next year, I hope you enjoy the course!!
Hi I'm yr11 choosing my a levels and wanting to do architecture do you think its okay if I take product design, physics and physical education(just to keep my options open)
Original post by Annabelllaaa
Hi I'm yr11 choosing my a levels and wanting to do architecture do you think its okay if I take product design, physics and physical education(just to keep my options open)

Hey, those look quite good but maybe switch out physics for Maths as this will really open things up for you, however most (pretty much all tbf) architecture courses do not require Maths.

I also done DT and think it was great as I got to use some of my coursework for my portfolio.

If you don't want to spend the extra time making art (if you havent got some already) go for Art a-level instead of DT. So my opinion would be to consider Maths Art PE, or even Maths, DT ,PE

It really doesn't matter what you take for A-levels to get into architecture you just need a strong personal statement and an exceptional portfolio, so go with what you really want to do not with what you think will be the best for others :smile:
Original post by hustlr
Hey, those look quite good but maybe switch out physics for Maths as this will really open things up for you, however most (pretty much all tbf) architecture courses do not require Maths.

I also done DT and think it was great as I got to use some of my coursework for my portfolio.

If you don't want to spend the extra time making art (if you havent got some already) go for Art a-level instead of DT. So my opinion would be to consider Maths Art PE, or even Maths, DT ,PE

It really doesn't matter what you take for A-levels to get into architecture you just need a strong personal statement and an exceptional portfolio, so go with what you really want to do not with what you thhink will be the best for others :smile:

Honestly thank you so much this really helpedd :smile:
Heyy, yea I got an offer aswell. are you in any group chats?

I'm in a big Nottingham one on WhatsApp as well as one for my accommodation. What is your Insta? I can send you the links
I'm in a big Nottingham one on WhatsApp as well as one for my accommodation. What is your Insta? I can send you the links

My insta is xo_victoria.xx
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending