Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like an absolute IDIOT!
    Long story short....I was dating a guy for about a month we broke up because he was confused about his ex. He realised things weren't meant to be for them so tried to get back with me, I was unsure because of the reason we broke up.

Since then we've been flirting on and off and it's all been a bit weird you know that weirdness feeling you don't know whats happening.
    He asked me to go for a drink I said no, cos i felt like he was just coming back cos his ex didn't want him.

I bummped into him the other day, was really nice, he said txt me saying i looked nice whatever bladeeblah.

So I'm thinking yeah maybe I might give it another go ..i thought i was reading the signals right.

I say to him today we should go for a drink, he replies ''yeah for sure would be fun, a few of us should go would be a laugh''

I CLEARLY didn't mean in a group, but i went along with it for the sake of my pride so I said ''yeah it would be''

Then after listening to my friends advice (who is a guy) told me to be straight up with him and tell him what I meant...so I go ''btw I meant me and you for a drink'' ... and he goes ''oh loll did you lol sorry''

I WAS LIKE WHATTTTTT :confused: (i didnt say this obviously but thought it) so trying to recover from my loss of pride I said ''yeah so we can catch up but guess we can go as a group its minor'' and then he goes ''I'm up for anything "

I HAVE NO CLUEEEEEE WHAT HE's thinking right now, but if any guys can help me out here or even girls I would appreciate it cos I am so CONFUSED right now.
    After that I didn't reply to him, i felt let down cos i put myself out there and i never normally do that, i'm not usually the chaser but after i let him down i thought it was only right i ask him.

Any advice/support please thanks

ReputationRep:
    ask yourself this: do you genuinely honestly want him back? its not worth the effort at all unless you are serious about this.

ReputationRep:
    lol at you overhyping this.
    why did you even think WHATTTT?
    he said sorry for assuming you meant in a group.

ReputationRep:
    Two things.

1) You're either interested in a dumbass.

2) He knew exactly what you meant and he's just playing about. Your reaction is his desired effect.

(Original post by Mr Anononomous)
    Two things.

1) You're either interested in a dumbass.

2) He knew exactly what you meant and he's just playing about. Your reaction is his desired effect.
    well he is a bit slow sometimes lol. or he could be playing it. either way...his 'desired effect' .. he doesn't know about only you lot do!

(Original post by aMAXin)
    lol at you overhyping this.
    why did you even think WHATTTT?
    he said sorry for assuming you meant in a group.

I think I may have over-reacted a bit I was just not expecting him to say that. The way he said sorry didn't seem 'genuine' it was kind of like ''oh I'm lol sorry LOL haha let me just laugh in your face'' kind of sorry.

But meh you think he's clearly not interested from his reaction?

ReputationRep:
    rejection happens, everyone gets some, get used to it.

Stop over hyping this, just ask him "do you want to see if things spark up between us or not" or something to that effect.

the only idiotic thing you've done is make a boring thread... *yawns* hopefully it at least helps you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Anononomous)
    This. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You have to realise that most (I stress most) boys have the emotional depth of a spoon and are fairly crap at reading even the most blatant of signals given to them by girls. His apology probably sounded crap because he was trying to brush it off without looking like too much of a ****.

Or he really is just a ****. And if I'm honest that actually sounds more likely thinking about it. Time to move on methinks...

ReputationRep:
    I think the real problem is that you're interested in a guy who repeatedly says "lol" in conversation.

Can't you give him the benefit of the doubt? He may have genuinely thought you wanted to go out as friends (especially given you declined his offer to go out beforehand as you thought he was only on the rebound), and so he thought it would be fun to go out as a group. Sure, that's not what you wanted, but you can't blame him for you not being explicit - guys aren't mind-readers, just be straight up with him. Give it a bit of time, then ask him whether he honestly didn't believe you wanted to go out as just the two of you.

Edit: Just read your post again, and I really think you're being quite unfair here. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit of pride and/or dignity if you want certain things in life, and it shouldn't just be the guy who makes every move. So really you can't blame him for inviting a group of friends out when you yourself weren't confident enough to correct him when he suggested it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I may have over-reacted a bit I was just not expecting him to say that. The way he said sorry didn't seem 'genuine' it was kind of like ''oh I'm lol sorry LOL haha let me just laugh in your face'' kind of sorry.

But meh you think he's clearly not interested from his reaction?
    no what i'm saying is that he may very well be interested, you haven't done anything strange at all.
    let it run...
    i also agree that the problem inlies with his over-use of the phrase 'lol.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    You have to realise that most (I stress most) boys have the emotional depth of a spoon and are fairly crap at reading even the most blatant of signals given to them by girls. His apology probably sounded crap because he was trying to brush it off without looking like too much of a ****.

Or he really is just a ****. And if I'm honest that actually sounds more likely thinking about it. Time to move on methinks...

plenty of boys and girls have deep and shallow emotional depths, there's no way of actually measuring this is there?

but, most boys have that depth? I'm not so sure about that!

(Original post by Fandellos)
    ask yourself this: do you genuinely honestly want him back? its not worth the effort at all unless you are serious about this.
    Thats a good question, I think I just miss the idea of having someone that along with just seeing him the other day...I'm not even sure anymore.

ReputationRep:
    you let him down, then ask him out, he may have been a bit defensive and worried he'd make a **** out of himself, and that he was reading the signs all wrong. You've probably confused him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    guess we can go as a group its minor'' and then he goes ''I'm up for anything
    group sex :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he's a bit gormless to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    If you wana know what he wants to do why don't you just leave it with him. Just say, let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime. maybe tell him a time your free... Then if he wants to go he'll take you up on it, if he doesn't he won't. And you've just got to sit back and wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)

I object to that! I have the emotional depth of at least a ladle.

ReputationRep:
    *wanders into thread*

*wonders how the OP gets through life, lacking the skills to deal with something as basic as this*

*wanders out of thread*

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I don't know, if he did that to me I would have thought he wasn't interested - After you corrected the fact that u meant just you two, why didnt he just say 'oh ok sorry i didnt know that, lets meet up just us two then' etc, rather than just leaving it at the whole, go as a group thing?

Having said that, he sent u the text saying you looked nice, which is normally a sure thing that someone likes you So just look fab when u go for some drinks and be nice (not flirty!!) to his mates, and you're in :p:

Oh, and bring an ugly friend.... just incase

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.