Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it sunbathe?

ReputationRep:
    Is Sunbath anything like Butlins? Because if so, I think you have your answer.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno but if I am going to pay to go on holiday I am going to do more than sit by a pool/the beach.

Don't know whether that is because I go to the beach all the time and have a pool but anyway

edit:- silly me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I dunno but if I am going to pay to go on holiday I am going to do more than sit by a pool/the *****.
    I dunno, a holiday sitting by a ***** could be what some folks are into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Isn't it sunbathe?
    Correct
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Is Sunbath anything like Butlins? Because if so, I think you have your answer.
    There was no capital S in the title, unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I dunno but if I am going to pay to go on holiday I am going to do more than sit by a pool/the *****.
    Perhaps your experience is tainted by that association: if you went alone, you might feel otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    People are vain and a lot of them are under the delusion that orange is the new black.

ReputationRep:
    I like to sunbathe on holiday. I go away to hot countries to enjoy the weather and to have a break. It is nice and relaxing to lay by the pool or on the beach all day and just chill, as well as work up a good tan(!), and then in the evenings go clubbing.

Perfect holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Querimonious)
    I dunno, a holiday sitting by a ***** could be what some folks are into.
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Perhaps your experience is tainted by that association: if you went alone, you might feel otherwise.
    yep - edited it now and thought I had gotten away without anyone spotting it

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I like to tan...

Tbh, I only sunbathe when I'm bored, which normally happens every summer I go to my grandparents house in Israel.

I don't see anything wrong with it, if people want to do that it's not like they're hurting anyone else...

Unless they take up all the 'good spots'.

ReputationRep:
    to get skin cancer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    There was no capital S in the title, unlucky.
    There wasn't an 'e', either; so it would have been a leap of intuition regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get these people. Go all the way to another country just to lie there and cook? As for calling it relaxing and getting away, there are plenty of good ways to do that right here.

I just think that if I was going to another country, I'd want to be able to tell stories about them, associate places on the atlas with stories more interesting than of sunbathing. I'd like to explore the history and culture and all that rubbish, or ski, or something.

ReputationRep:
    Skiing. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    because skin cancer and orange skin is so in right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    I don't get these people. Go all the way to another country just to lie there and cook? As for calling it relaxing and getting away, there are plenty of good ways to do that right here.

I just think that if I was going to another country, I'd want to be able to tell stories about them, associate places on the atlas with stories more interesting than of sunbathing. I'd like to explore the history and culture and all that rubbish, or ski, or something.

:ditto:

especially considering we can sunbathe here

ReputationRep:
    Well, let's not go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)

Exactly. Also familes who holiday in Disneyland so that the kids can shake Mickey Mouse's hand/eat McD's. Unimaginative fools.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.