Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why some lip bars have thicker backs than others?

I like to buy my lipbars from an online store but some have had quite thin backs and others have had thicker ones but you can't find out what thickness it has before you buy it. Does it relate to the guage or anything like that?

Thanks for anything... x

EDIT: I'm asking because the thicker ones really cuts my gums

ReputationRep:
    All I've noticed is that the 1.2mm labret studs (also known as micro-labret studs) often have thinner, and smaller discs, than the slightly bigger (and more standard) 1.6mm labret studs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I have noticed that the thicker discs seem to be a standard, I'm sure I've always had 1.2mm studs though.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose all you can do, is try and figure out where you bought your last 'smaller' disc-ed labret from, and keep buying them from the same place to ensure they're always the right ones. *shrugs* It's a bit hit and miss when you're ordering online!

ReputationRep:
    I've always bought them from the same one. I've had some thinner discs and some thicker ones but I'm just not sure whether they were actually the same guage or not. I thought if someone knew something that I didn't then I could make sure I always get the thickness i want.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah I know what you mean. I always check my jewellery with a vernier calliper - it's the quickest way to know if you've got the right size.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.