What is your favourite word?

Watch this thread
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Or words.

Mine is probably rhythm as it has no vowels.

Feel free to define too!
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Euouae is the longest word in English with no consonants, so that's my favourite.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sufys)
Euouae is the longest word in English with no consonants, so that's my favourite.
That's pretty cool :yep:

What does it mean?
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sesquipedalian, chthonic, and esoteric are all good words in my book.
Last edited by Rufus The Red; 1 month ago
sufys
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
That's pretty cool :yep:

What does it mean?
See here.

It somehow counts as a word. Has the Guinness World Record for the longest word without a consonant, as well as the word with the longest consecutive sequence of vowels.
dogsteppedonbee
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Or words.

Mine is probably rhythm as it has no vowels.

Feel free to define too!
Mine is 键盘侠
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Cretinous.
dogsteppedonbee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I also like the word fluorescent. The way it rolls off the tongue is like wiping your bum with silk.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
plinth
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dogsteppedonbee)
Mine is 键盘侠
What word is that?
dogsteppedonbee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Talkative Toad)
What word is that?
It’s chinese for keyboard warrior.
dahlia06
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
bibliothèque
french word for bookcase/library

starting to miss french...
Last edited by dahlia06; 1 month ago
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Neophyte and axiomatic.
kenneth612
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
diabolic
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Eponymous - nice to say.
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dogsteppedonbee)
It’s chinese for keyboard warrior.
Ah got it.
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
twannock
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Qualm
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Velvet
CloudyPenguin
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Meow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads