Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So... fallen for the ex's best friend. Watch

(Original post by jamesh_91)
    my best friends ex's are a no-go zone
    Yes, I thought so too - until recently.
    But things really aren't that simple. As somebody above said, you can't help who you fall for. That's one of those sweeping statements anybody can say when you're not in that situation.
    I assure you, Dan and myself are in a complete mess about this. We both haven't a clue as to what we should do, at the moment we're doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    umm i can comment coming from the other side. my ex went with a really good friend of mine not long after we broke up. its safe to say i was bitter about it for a very long time after 2 and a half years i dont speak to him but the girl and i are on speaking terms. they got married! im fine about it- and look on it that they wouldnt have met each other if it wasnt for me and i wouldnt have met my partner. looking back i wouldnt have changed anything. but for me the main issue was out of principle you just dont do it.. but saying that if it was the other way around i dont know.. when your on the recieving end its very different! all i would say is do it tactfully and make it abs clear that none of this was going on when u 2 were together. but just talk to him i guess. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmmm. Can I ask how long your girlfriend went out with her ex? And did he still have any feelings for her?

Argh. I am still agonising over this tonight. I just don't know what on earth to think. I guess it doesn't help that I can't even determine whether or not I still have some feelings for my ex. The confusion. I never thought it was possible to genuinely like two people at once. Which I might.

Any more advice/comments from those who have gone through similar very welcome!
    I'm right here!
    Haha.
    About 18 months or something.
    And maybe he did but he also did stuff with my best friend before me and that person that keeps talking about me on forums. Complicated, huh?

ReputationRep:
    It's out of the question, unless you want one awful atmosphere about everyone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.