What’s your all-favourite animes?

Watch this thread
enhaza
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’m curious about your favourite animes and looking for suggestions.
my favourites series are assassination classroom, wotakoi: love is hard for an otaku, OHSHC and kakegurui
my favourite movies are i want to eat your pancreas, spirited away and ponyo.
Last edited by enhaza; 1 month ago
Pque17
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Not much of an anime watcher but I did watch Attack on Titans and it was quite enjoyable.
Abraham_Otaku
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've quitted watching anime since last year(too much of a distraction) but I've watched like 130 animes(i had too much "free time"), and out of all of them, clannad after story is without a doubt my favorite
enhaza
Rep:
(Original post by Abraham_Otaku)
I've quitted watching anime since last year(too much of a distraction) but I've watched like 130 animes(i had too much "free time"), and out of all of them, clannad after story is without a doubt my favorite
tbh same but after exams i have some time so i want to get into them again. in lockdown i watched the whole 4 seasons of haikyuu in 3 days. my friend also enjoyed clannad but i just never got into it, i'll definitely give it a go tho, thanks!
M_io
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have seen quite a few series but my all-time favourites are
Series: Fruits basket, Clannad after story, demon slayer, Yona of the dawn and Tokyo revengers
Movies: Grave of the fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and Flavors of Youth
M_io
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abraham_Otaku)
I haven't watched much anime recently because of GCSEs but I must say, Clannad after story was so damn sad. Clannad itself was sad, but after story left me heavily depressed for a while. Ushio and Nagisa were adorable and Tomoya didn't deserve to go through all of that
enhaza
Rep:
(Original post by M_io)
I have seen quite a few series but my all-time favourites are
Series: Fruits basket, Clannad after story, demon slayer, Yona of the dawn and Tokyo revengers
Movies: Grave of the fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and Flavors of Youth
i watched fruit baskets the newer series, have you watched the older one? if so would you recommend it? some people have been saying the older one is better but idk.
M_io
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by enhaza)
i watched fruit baskets the newer series, have you watched the older one? if so would you recommend it? some people have been saying the older one is better but idk.
The old one is pretty old so I saw it a rather long time ago like around 8 years ago or so. To be honest, from what I remember, the original fruits basket focused more on the comedic element of the series. I really enjoyed it when I was younger, but now I feel like I would prefer a series with a bit more depth, especially one with such an interesting storyline. The remake covers the entire story of the manga, and has comedic elements but mainly focuses on the tragedy in the story, which makes it a lot more intense and an overall more enjoyable watch. I think you should watch the more recent fruits basket as it has 3 seasons that cover the whole story but it wouldn't hurt to also watch the original one. It also doesn't hurt that all the characters in the remake look fine as hell.
starxdust
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
you should watch yarichin b club
valyrie
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by starxdust)
why-
enhaza
Rep:
(Original post by M_io)
The old one is pretty old so I saw it a rather long time ago like around 8 years ago or so. To be honest, from what I remember, the original fruits basket focused more on the comedic element of the series. I really enjoyed it when I was younger, but now I feel like I would prefer a series with a bit more depth, especially one with such an interesting storyline. The remake covers the entire story of the manga, and has comedic elements but mainly focuses on the tragedy in the story, which makes it a lot more intense and an overall more enjoyable watch. I think you should watch the more recent fruits basket as it has 3 seasons that cover the whole story but it wouldn't hurt to also watch the original one. It also doesn't hurt that all the characters in the remake look fine as hell.
thanks! i watched the first two seasons of fruit baskets a couple years ago, so after gcses i’ll watch the third season. and idk why but i distinctly remember the cow being hot but i forgot his name
enhaza
Rep:
(Original post by starxdust)
🎤sawarasenai🥰kimi😸wa⛓shoujo👻na💅no?✨böKù🌸Wâ🧚ÿARiçHiñ🤴BįCChī😾ńO😩oSû🚣Dà🎉YO💦
Speaking_04
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Watch goat piece. Worth the journey
Vyzrikx
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
JoJo's bizzare adventure is one of my alltime fav works of fiction (especially parts 4, 5 and 7) and i barely even watch anime. Danganronpa 3 (the anime) is also pretty good but you have to have played 2 of the danganronpa games to get the full experience
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Speaking_04)
Watch goat piece. Worth the journey
One Piece is definitely worth the journey, yes. It may seem like a lot at first, but you'll be hooked after a few episodes.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My favorite animes:

Monster
Hellsing
Baccano!
One Punch Man
Afro Samurai
Megalobox
91 Days
Terror In Resonance
Now And Then, Here and There
Bungou Stray Dogs

Guess the most are pretty unknown. I avoid to watch mainstream and to try not so popular animes.
M_io
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
My favorite animes:

Monster
Hellsing
Baccano!
One Punch Man
Afro Samurai
Megalobox
91 Days
Terror In Resonance
Now And Then, Here and There
Bungou Stray Dogs

Guess the most are pretty unknown. I avoid to watch mainstream and to try not so popular animes.
I loved terror in resonance so much. The ending made me depressed but all the good animes make you depressed I guess. I've also seen Bungou stray dogs and Chuuya was my fave character but I also ADORED the doctor lady Akiko Yosano so much. She was my literal idol for a while. I'm also planning on watching Hellsing soon, I hope it lives up to the hype.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M_io)
I loved terror in resonance so much. The ending made me depressed but all the good animes make you depressed I guess. (...)
In terms of Now and Then, Here and There I just agree. Good anime, but depressive and sad as hell. The 13 episodes are a trip of gloom.

AngryJellyfish You know why you are here. Even if you just name the saddest anime you kmow.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 month ago
Gogetterfl
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by enhaza)
i’m curious about your favourite animes and looking for suggestions.
my favourites series are assassination classroom, wotakoi: love is hard for an otaku, OHSHC and kakegurui
my favourite movies are i want to eat your pancreas, spirited away and ponyo.
Assassination classroom, OPM, Bluelock, Mob Psycho 100 and AOT and ofcourse Inazuma Eleven and also Death Note.
Last edited by Gogetterfl; 1 month ago
fluous
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
A few of my favourite have to be (in no particular order) mob psycho 100, vivy:fluorite eye's song, violet evergarden, one punch man (season 2 less so), demon slayer (entertainment arc was pure hype and animation bliss), hinamatsuri.

movies: The boy and the beast, princess mononoke

I might try and finally get round to watching more from my 'plan to watch list' after A levels are done. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into made in abyss and odd taxi because I've heard good things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
18.18%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (22)
33.33%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.58%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.52%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.61%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
21.21%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
3.03%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads