Mechanical Engineering Graduate Jobs

Watch this thread
sadz019243
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am due to graduate next month with a 1st in BEng Mechanical engineering.Due to the lack of experience in the field i am finding the graduate job hunt impossible at the minute.I have been applying for months now and i still have not got anything positive yet.My question is, is it possible to land a graduate job in engineering without experience?and if it is, what should i do ?Thank you
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sadz019243)
I am due to graduate next month with a 1st in BEng Mechanical engineering.Due to the lack of experience in the field i am finding the graduate job hunt impossible at the minute.I have been applying for months now and i still have not got anything positive yet.My question is, is it possible to land a graduate job in engineering without experience?and if it is, what should i do ?Thank you
OK, so you don't have any specific engineering experience. What experience do you have though? It's certainly possible to get a graduate job without any direct experience, as many companies take on more graduates than placement/internship students.
sadz019243
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I work as a sales assistant at tesco's, most of my experience comes from there or academically.
(Original post by Smack)
OK, so you don't have any specific engineering experience. What experience do you have though? It's certainly possible to get a graduate job without any direct experience, as many companies take on more graduates than placement/internship students.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sadz019243)
I work as a sales assistant at tesco's, most of my experience comes from there or academically.
OK, so you do have some non-academic experience that you can use to demonstrate some key competencies/skills. What kind of roles are you applying for, and have you had your CV checked (by e.g. your careers service, TSR CV held, etc.).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads