The Student Room Group

Degree classification mitigation

Hello I have a question regarding degree classification. I submitted my final year project report very late and have applied for mitigation to remove late penalities where I am on the cusp of a pass for the project not including this final report.

Even if my mitigation is approved I'm unsure how this would look on my degree, would it show I passed with mitigation? Would I even get a 2:1 with said mitigation or is it an ordinary degree with merit

How exactly does mitigation affect my degree class? My mitigation circumstance has some retrospective evidence which if it doesn't work would they round up to give me a pass ( I'm literally sitting on like 37.8).
Mitigation will remove any penalties imposed for late submission, so the full mark awarded to the late assignment is restored and the calculations to reach your degree classification will be redone.
Mitigation does not show up on your final transcript.
If your final year average is 37.8, that will not be rounded up to 40. However, if the penalty is removed from the late work, depending on the full grade awarded before the penalty was applied, you could end up with 40+
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
Mitigation will remove any penalties imposed for late submission, so the full mark awarded to the late assignment is restored and the calculations to reach your degree classification will be redone.
Mitigation does not show up on your final transcript.
If your final year average is 37.8, that will not be rounded up to 40. However, if the penalty is removed from the late work, depending on the full grade awarded before the penalty was applied, you could end up with 40+

So I'm trying to understand if the penality is removed and I get 40+ that would not be on my transcript?

I'm not sure if your familiar with graduation process but do you know how would it affect what classification they give me there?
(edited 1 year ago)
Yes it will be on your transcript.
What will show on your transcript is a list of all modules taken and the grade awarded for each.
Plus your final grade which determines your degree classification. Foe example, a final grade of 40-49% would be a Third Class degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending