HELP
Original post by Caaaaaats129
HELP

So don’t fast then.
Original post by Mintkoala
So don’t fast then.

If I was slim. Then yeah sure
Original post by Apachecow
yea, duh. It's when you are hungry you burn calories and create a deficit. Drink some water. Distract yourself

True true Lool. It’s just that I started my fast super early and didn’t use my 8hr window slot (started 4 hours early) and now I regret it ahah
(edited 1 year ago)
If I was slim. Then yeah sure

There are other ways to lose weight. You can either fast or not be hungry. That’s the choice you have to make.
Reply 5
True true Lool. It’s just that I started my fast super early and didn’t use my 8hr window slot (started 4 hours early) and now I regret it ahah

Actually it's not true; you burn calories all the time. Being hungry is a sign that you aren't getting sufficient calories or eating the right food groups or you are dehydrated; any number of reasons, but not the specific point at which you "burn calories".

Rethink your meals. A diet is simply a way of eating and it should never leave you hungry.
Original post by Surnia
Actually it's not true; you burn calories all the time. Being hungry is a sign that you aren't getting sufficient calories or eating the right food groups or you are dehydrated; any number of reasons, but not the specific point at which you "burn calories".

Rethink your meals. A diet is simply a way of eating and it should never leave you hungry.

Thank you!
I see. But if I were to give into hunger 24/7 through snacking etc, it could do more damage in the long term. For weight loss, I’m making a lifestyle change where I incorporate healthy meals and cut out added sugar ( as well as regular physical activity) and since my body’s adjusting to smaller portions and the lack of sugar, I think that’s what’s causing the hunger pangs. Alongside my body adjusting to the intermittent fasting
I’m also tracking my calories to ensure I’m consuming a sufficient amount aswell! I’m eating below my TDEE but only by 200 calories under as weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint
(edited 1 year ago)
What foods are you eating?

If you eat a salad bowl with plenty of brown rice/quinoa and chicken/steak, you will stay full for ages.

Eating a PB&J sandwich will take up a lot of calories and not fill you that much.

Stuff like protein ice cream is great too.

Also, exercise can increase your TDEE allowing you to eat more.
(edited 1 year ago)
Deleted
(edited 1 year ago)
—-
(edited 1 year ago)
I replied above but I don’t think it worked. As I’m focusing on getting more protein, vegetables and fruit in my diet. Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: Protein Shake (with blended fruits) and a slice of pizza my mum brought home last evening
Lunch: Bowl of rice with prawn/potato broth (best way to describe it lool) and grilled fish
Snacks: An Orange, boiled egg and sugar free rusk biscuits.

Is that a typical day's eating? If so, no wonder you are hungry and it's not healthy!
Original post by Surnia
Is that a typical day's eating? If so, no wonder you are hungry and it's not healthy!

Hm. I do eat to satiety (I have a small appetite) and overall that came to approximately 1400 calories and my TDEE for my height and weight is 1600
I also don’t restrict within my eating window and whenever I’m hungry, I eat. As long as it’s healthy
(edited 1 year ago)
Hm. I do eat to satiety (I have a small appetite) and overall that came to approximately 1400 calories and my TDEE for my height and weight is 1600
I also don’t restrict within my eating window and whenever I’m hungry, I eat. As long as it’s healthy

What was the point of the post then lol

Maybe remove the smoothie and swap with a whole food. Liquid calories are less satiating. If you are fine though its no problem.
Original post by crashcody
What was the point of the post then lol

Maybe remove the smoothie and swap with a whole food. Liquid calories are less satiating. If you are fine though its no problem.

Lolll tbh I made it because I was bored and hungry. Didn’t except anyone to actually respond

First, that may be 1400 calories, but they aren't all good calories and you must ensure you are getting the right nutrition, eg vitamins, minerals etc. Why waste calories on a pizza and manufactured protein when you could have an omelette with veg? And you don't need snacks if you eat properly.

Second, your feelings of hunger could be because your meals aren't filling, you aren't waiting long enough to see if you are full or you are dehydrated.

Third, you can eat 3 proper meals a day and reach your calorie deficit by exercise.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Surnia
First, that may be 1400 calories, but they aren't all good calories and you must ensure you are getting the right nutrition, eg vitamins, minerals etc. Why waste calories on a pizza and manufactured protein when you could have an omelette with veg? And you don't need snacks if you eat properly.

Second, your feelings of hunger could be because your meals aren't filling, you aren't waiting long enough to see if you are full or you are dehydrated.

Third, you can eat 3 proper meals a day and reach your calorie deficit by exercise.

First I’d argue that there’s no such thing as good calories vs bad calories. A calorie is a calorie. A form of measurement of energy

And I understand where you’re coming from, but I believe that everything is fine in moderation. It helps me prevent restriction and enjoy foods which I find enjoyable. My mum bought me pizza and I could have had 3 slices but I chose to have 1.
In terms of protein, I use powders because it’s an inexpensive and convenient way to get my protein for the day. Also the one I use has no added sugar and very little carbs etc. So I’d say it’s healthy for me, as long as I’m not protein deficient.

Throughout my meals, I incorporated vegetables through the broth, protein through the grilled fish, fruit in my snacks and also fruit in my smoothie.
Sure it could be better, but considering I’m going from an unhealthy lifestyle/diet and trying to transition to a healthy one, I’m taking small steps and not drastically avoiding EVERYTHING that may be bad for me

In terms of snacking, it’s just what I’m used to. My meals are small because I don’t have a large appetite but when I feel hungry, but not hungry enough for a meal, I’d have a snack. The snacks I eat are intentionally healthy too where I choose fruit, veg, protein choices rather than the high sugar/saturated fat snacks I’d opt for previously.
I ensure my hunger doesn’t come from dehydration by aiming to consume 1-2 litres of water daily and drinking water whenever I feel hungry

(Also you might be thinking that if I have a small appetite, I wouldn’t need to lose weight. 😭 I’m not overweight, rather at a healthy weight of 56kg and I’m 163cm, but would like to lose 6kg or so, become more lean, become healthier and decrease my body fat %)
(edited 1 year ago)
Drink water or coffee, lots of it.
First I’d argue that there’s no such thing as good calories vs bad calories. A calorie is a calorie. A form of measurement of energy

And I understand where you’re coming from, but I believe that everything is fine in moderation. It helps me prevent restriction and enjoy foods which I find enjoyable. My mum bought me pizza and I could have had 3 slices but I chose to have 1.
In terms of protein, I use powders because it’s an inexpensive and convenient way to get my protein for the day. Also the one I use has no added sugar and very little carbs etc. So I’d say it’s healthy for me, as long as I’m not protein deficient.

Throughout my meals, I incorporated vegetables through the broth, protein through the grilled fish, fruit in my snacks and also fruit in my smoothie.
Sure it could be better, but considering I’m going from an unhealthy lifestyle/diet and trying to transition to a healthy one, I’m taking small steps and not drastically avoiding EVERYTHING that may be bad for me

In terms of snacking, it’s just what I’m used to. My meals are small because I don’t have a large appetite but when I feel hungry, but not hungry enough for a meal, I’d have a snack. The snacks I eat are intentionally healthy too where I choose fruit, veg, protein choices rather than the high sugar/saturated fat snacks I’d opt for previously.
I ensure my hunger doesn’t come from dehydration by aiming to consume 1-2 litres of water daily and drinking water whenever I feel hungry

(Also you might be thinking that if I have a small appetite, I wouldn’t need to lose weight. 😭 I’m not overweight, rather at a healthy weight of 56kg and I’m 163cm, but would like to lose 6kg or so, become more lean, become healthier and decrease my body fat %)

If you think all calories are the same, look up thermogenic effect, and understand that you could eat 400 calories from biscuits and 400 from a balanced salad, but you aren't getting the same nutrition, which I said is also important.

Yes, you only had 1 slice of pizza, but you could have had something else entirely that was healthier than a processed piece of food.

If you are a healthy weight, don't lose more. Weight training will make you lean as muscle is more dense than fat and you can't control where you lose fat from.

How old are you?

Quick Reply