The Student Room Group

Virtual work experience for Biology?

Has anyone got any recommendations of virtual work experience for biology that you've completed/booked? I would ask more specifically for marine biology since that's the course I'm looking to do in University (Im in yr12 atm), but it seems to be hopeless scouring the internet for something that specific given the fact that I can't even find general biology related options.

Also how important do you think it would be to do some form of virtual or in-person work experience for something like marine biology? I've read books on the topic and believe I can demonstrate an interest in the course despite not having work experience. Is it a risk for me to not do relevant work experience or would I be okay without it?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by leepic
Has anyone got any recommendations of virtual work experience for biology that you've completed/booked? I would ask more specifically for marine biology since that's the course I'm looking to do in University (Im in yr12 atm), but it seems to be hopeless scouring the internet for something that specific given the fact that I can't even find general biology related options.

Also how important do you think it would be to do some form of virtual or in-person work experience for something like marine biology? I've read books on the topic and believe I can demonstrate an interest in the course despite not having work experience. Is it a risk for me to not do relevant work experience or would I be okay without it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

Work experience isn't required for this so don't worry. You could still, however, look at some free online MOOCs for marine biology.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Work experience isn't required for this so don't worry. You could still, however, look at some free online MOOCs for marine biology.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.

Ah thank you so much this helps a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending