Experience of foundation medicine training in East London?

Watch this thread
TiredMedicc
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for a IDT from Surrey to East London.
I’ve gotten Queens and King Georges which from where I live are still a 50-1hour commute (which is not awful but not great).
However, I’ve had a look at some other foundation colleagues feedback and there seems to be a general consensus to avoid the Romford area?

However, I haven’t spoken to anyone directly. Both hospitals are rated “required improvement” and there seems to be poor colleague satisfaction.

Anyone worked here who would be able t shed some light? Is it truly horrible to work there?
lovelymary
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I am starting my f1 in queens too soon. I am worried as well, cant find proper reviews online.
TiredMedicc
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by lovelymary)
I am starting my f1 in queens too soon. I am worried as well, cant find proper reviews online.
If it helps at all - I spoke to a fellow FY1 who was there as a medical student, he did neurosurgery and said it was great.
I'd also like to find some actual reviews from FY1s and FY2 who did worked there properly
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TiredMedicc)
If it helps at all - I spoke to a fellow FY1 who was there as a medical student, he did neurosurgery and said it was great.
I'd also like to find some actual reviews from FY1s and FY2 who did worked there properly
(Original post by lovelymary)
TSR isn't really populated with junior junior doctors like it was years ago. There are quite a few doctors around still, but we are usually more senior (registrars and above).

I would recommend going over to the dark side r/juniordoctorsuk if you wanted to find more juniors there.
Cheesychips1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is not super helpful but I had quite a few colleagues who worked in Queens/ Kings and said it was pretty terrible - BUT having said that, lots of hospitals get these 'reputations' and then there are always good things to find about them, and a good team/ fun colleagues can make such a difference. Good luck with FY1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads