Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Er right, here's the story; i'm into this girl, everybody says she really likes me too and urges me to make a move, including her sister, who I am quite friendly with. The girl and I had an argument, nothing major, I apologised and she accepted, however she has become a bit distant, the other night a group of us went out and she pretty much ignored me all night. I ended up spending most of the night with her sister and some other people. Her sister said she was being selfish and not to bother with her, which I was surprised by as they seem really close, we were both quite drunk but I am sure she was flirting with me, she also said she used to have a crush on me. The next day we were txting, joking about how drunk we were, when I asked about her sister she told me that she is still mad at me, and I should probably forget about her. Her behaviour seems strange, especially since she has a boyfriend. Is she just doing her sister's dirty work and putting me off, or does she have an agenda of her own? Any ideas on how I can deal with this would be most appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the sister is jelous and is trying to put you off her. Whatever you do DON'T get involved with the sister! It'll only make this girl hate you. And it sounds like the girl is annoyed for now but will get over it.
    My advice would be to try and get his girl to talk to you, see what's up and try to get things back on track.

My original advice would be to stay away from her sister. From the sounds of it you like the other girl and are only thinking about her sister because she used to fancy you and is now being a bit flirty. It happens but its worth waiting to find out what happens with the girl you like.

Having said all that i had a one night stand with this one girl about 9 months ago and i am currently in a relationship of 6 months with her twin sister. So, i dont really know what my advice is, but if you leave it for a bit and just casually talk to the other girl and see where it goes. Dont use her sister as a messenger because, if she does have alterior motives, she can just tell you that her sister is still mad etc. to increase her chances.

Good luck anyway mate.

ReputationRep:
    me thinks, the other sister wants it, only because you want her sister...if you get me
    and what i would do, is keep things as they are, for now, and if the girl you like doesnt come round, have your way with her sister,
    they are sisters, so they must look alike, so squint your eyes and imagine...if ya catch my drift

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.