The Student Room Group

sex worries

i have recently given my boyfriend head. (Oral) and I have red spots on the roof of my mouth. Is it an STI?? It doesn’t hurt at all. Or is it the blood vessels that have popped from doing it too hard? Cos google has said both. Anyone pls give advice
Reply 1
3F98BD24-4AC4-4B73-A460-7690C4A7B910.jpeg
Reply 2
1CF536E6-652F-4C45-97E7-BFE686A348AF.jpeg

Original post by Emmaj888
i have recently given my boyfriend head. (Oral) and I have red spots on the roof of my mouth. Is it an STI?? It doesn’t hurt at all. Or is it the blood vessels that have popped from doing it too hard? Cos google has said both. Anyone pls give advice

Emma

What STD causes red spots on roof of mouth...... Oral herpes

The herpes simplex virus (HSV) causes herpes, which is a viral infection. This virus causes open sores, also called cold sores or fever blisters, in or around the mouth.

Symptoms of Oral STDs
Sores in the mouth, which may be painless.
Lesions similar to cold sores and fever blisters around the mouth.
Sore throat and difficulty swallowing.
Redness with white spots resembling strep throat.
Swollen tonsils and/or lymph nodes.

It looks like it is herpes from looking at the pictures, best advice is to get it checked out either at your GP practice or a local sexual clinic in your area.
Good old Dr Google is okay for certain information like but when it comes to health matters don't always believe in it as rather look at the NHS website for up to date information

https://www.nhs.uk conditions
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) - NHS
www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk sexual-health
What infections can I catch through oral sex? - NHS

I use to work on sexual health wards & clinics as a adult nurse many years ago. Best thing to do is get it checked out okay and perhaps next time use a condom when having oral until you know you want catch anything else.

A registered adult nurse
Reply 4
I’ve messaged a doctor tho? And he said it’s caused by friction sooo I don’t think it’s any STI.

Original post by Allyson2020
Emma

The herpes simplex virus (HSV) causes herpes, which is a viral infection. This virus causes open sores, also called cold sores or fever blisters, in or around the mouth.

Symptoms of Oral STDs

It looks like it is herpes from looking at the pictures, best advice is to get it checked out either at your GP practice or a local sexual clinic in your area.
Good old Dr Google is okay for certain information like but when it comes to health matters don't always believe in it as rather look at the NHS website for up to date information

www.nhs.uk

I use to work on sexual health wards & clinics as a adult nurse many years ago. Best thing to do is get it checked out okay and perhaps next time use a condom when having oral until you know you want catch anything else.

A registered adult nurse
Reply 5
I don’t think I’ve caught anything bad though because he has never had sex so he won’t have any disease and I’ve never done it with anyone ever. And I think it may be from blood vessels. If it was herpes how long would it be until it goes?

Original post by Allyson2020
Emma

Symptoms of Oral STDs

www.nhs.uk

A registered adult nurse
Looks like burst blood vessels but it's a very poor quality picture. No one here will be able to know for sure though, and you would be better off seeing your GP or sexual health clinic. Both you and your boyfriend getting tested for STDs would also be wise if you plan to continue being sexually active.
I don’t think I’ve caught anything bad though because he has never had sex so he won’t have any disease and I’ve never done it with anyone ever. And I think it may be from blood vessels. If it was herpes how long would it be until it goes?

Should clear up within one or two weeks on it own if it is a Herpes outbreaks usually last for about one to two weeks, though the first outbreak after infection may last longer. The symptoms typically go away on their own without treatment. However, there are at-home remedies and prescription treatments which may help to ease symptoms and shorten the length of outbreaks..

You should still at least go and see your GP 😉

Quick Reply