The Student Room Group

A Level German AQA Writing (21 June)

Hi, seeing as I've seen next to no chats about the A Level German exams I thought I'd start this. How has everyone found it so far? How we feeling about this writing paper and what texts/films is everyone studying? I've done Andorra and Das Leben der Anderen

Scroll to see replies

hey, im doing Das Leben Der Anderen and Der besuch - kind of nervous :smile: I hope film techniques don't come up for DLDA
Reply 2
I'm feeling the exact same way. Haven't looked too much at camera angles and stuff, kinda hoping for a question on music or maybe something to do with corruption in the DDR. Got a feeling a question on Christa-Maria Sieland could come up since I don't think there's been one yet. Wishing you luck!!! Good to know it's the last German exam
Yes I’d love a historical one or corruption chefs kiss Good luck too and yes finally will be finished with German a level
Original post by annamoshie
hey, im doing Das Leben Der Anderen and Der besuch - kind of nervous :smile: I hope film techniques don't come up for DLDA

they better not come up aghhhh
do you have any other thoughts on what the question could be?
Original post by Someone019
I'm feeling the exact same way. Haven't looked too much at camera angles and stuff, kinda hoping for a question on music or maybe something to do with corruption in the DDR. Got a feeling a question on Christa-Maria Sieland could come up since I don't think there's been one yet. Wishing you luck!!! Good to know it's the last German exam
Reply 6
Original post by mattyneuhoff
do you have any other thoughts on what the question could be?

I did an Eduqas question from 2020 which was: "Inwiefern kann man sagen, dass Christa-Maria Sieland eine tragische Figur ist?", which wasn't too bad. Hoping there's a question like that on the paper tomorrow but I think since there is absolutely no advance info on the writing paper, it's kind of impossible to guess what it will be
Hi, seeing as I've seen next to no chats about the A Level German exams I thought I'd start this. How has everyone found it so far? How we feeling about this writing paper and what texts/films is everyone studying? I've done Andorra and Das Leben der Anderen

Hi, I've moved this to the Foreign Languages section and added it to the A-level exam directory :smile:
Reply 8

im in the exact same boat as you - no idea about camera angles!!!

looking at past papers for the besuch, they've asked a question about humour (tragic comedy, the grotesque, etc) literally every year, so i kinda suspect thats gonna come up. in 2021 one of the questions was about gerechtigkeit im pretty sure? since we did that as a mock.. which is annoying because i know that well lol
anyone doing die verwandlung or fetten jahre sind vorbei??

omg I just saw this. I made a new chat for A level German just a min ago because I couldn't find any whoops!
I'm doing Goodbye Lenin and Der Vorleser. I'm actually dreading this paper so much. I've been focusing on my other subjects way too much that I forgot about German ~:frown:
Original post by lol2468
anyone doing die verwandlung or fetten jahre sind vorbei??

I chose to do die Verwandlung for my IRP topic, if im being honest it was actually quite a fun text to study
Original post by yoursunshinexx
omg I just saw this. I made a new chat for A level German just a min ago because I couldn't find any whoops!
I'm doing Goodbye Lenin and Der Vorleser. I'm actually dreading this paper so much. I've been focusing on my other subjects way too much that I forgot about German ~:frown:

hehe I know how you feel, i've got maths paper 3 on exact same day as German so trying to juggle revision has not been fun. I've spoken to a few people and no one is particularly looking forward to it, I think luck plays a big role with what questions you get. Fingers crossed that grade boundaries are nice this year :tongue:
I chose to do die Verwandlung for my IRP topic, if im being honest it was actually quite a fun text to study

omg thats great-yh its a fun text

samee like i had chem paper today so just started revising for german
Reply 15
honestly im just terrified that im not gonna understand what the questions are even asking for

I'm probably being annoying :biggrin: but remember to have a capital letter for Besuch (all nouns have capital letters), especially as you have one for the articles

sorry :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 17
does anybody know what the 2021 questions for der besuch and das leben der anderen were?

im doing der Vorleser and Im praying they give a nice question
Original post by lol2468
omg thats great-yh its a fun text

It is, let me know what question you end up choosing to do on it. Out of curiosity I'm tempted to look at it in the exam but I think out of stress I'm just going straight to the questions on my texts , ignoring everything else, and maybe cry a lil when I realise I don't like my questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending