Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I broke up with the guy I was dating, and although our history wasnt that long (4 months before uni) my feelings got to run quite deep and his the same. Anyway, I still care for him very greatly indeed and I think foolishly, that if he asked me back I would say yes...even though he has told me he likes someone else at his uni- which eliminates the distance problem that we broke up over.

Ok, heres the issue another guy that I get on very well with has asked me out down to his for the weekend as friends. Now, I dont know- I feel uneasy about this. I dont feel as though Im ready- I need to find myself and I still care about the guy I have just broken up with immensely. Part of me thinks that I should go, because we are just friends then another part of me thinks if I do will I be giving him false hope, even though he understands its under the terms of friends?

The other problem is, the friend guy lives in my ex-bfs university town. I just- I dont want to come off the rebound, and I want my bf to change his mind, but then even if he did- I would be second to this other girl, or I would be in my mind, even though I know its more to do with convience than anything.

What do I do, should I go or should I stay?

ReputationRep:
    Go for the weekend away as 'friends'. At the moment, you don't know for sure if your ex wants to get back together with you.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Ignore Ross_j's comment.

ReputationRep:
    Do not go.. If there are doubts.. do not go..

In this country.. girls are too eager sometimes.. you sound sensible.. I was talking to a girl the other day.. she is young.. said she was used like a prostitute because she wanted a relationship and the other man did not.. but it was her decision to get in bed with him.. so she does not have much of a point..

Sorry.. I do not know how much of that is relevant.. I would be skeptical about a man asking you to his house.. as friends.. does not seem usual.. perhaps he will try to go further with you.. it would be a good opportunity for him.. He says friends.. but people will say anything to get what they want..

I think you should not go.. then you can guarantee nothing untoward will happen.. rather than giving in to someone.. if that case presents itself..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.