Why aren't threads by new accounts pre-moderated?

Watch this thread
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like 90% of threads which get removed after a fashion are created by a new account.

So why not pre-moderate rather than just having a free for all on bad folk just being able to create an account and post stuff which then needs removed?
Quady
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
For example this thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...085&highlight=

Edit
I've reported the thread, how long will it stay up....
Last edited by Quady; 1 month ago
sufys
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Like 90% of threads which get removed after a fashion are created by a new account.

So why not pre-moderate rather than just having a free for all on bad folk just being able to create an account and post stuff which then needs removed?
There was a troll, a month or so ago, who stole the bear's tag list (for his pun threads) and used it to make threads and spam us with tags.
They made 7 threads in about 5 minutes. Pre-moderation should have been implemented a long time ago.
Last edited by sufys; 1 month ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I suppose they could chose to embrace being a far right nerve centre. Just go with it.
Quady
Rep:
(Original post by StriderHort)
I suppose they could chose to embrace being a far right nerve centre. Just go with it.
True enough, I have wondered if the site just doesn't care. In reality I think the editorial model is just about a decade behind where it should be.

Its not even far right per say. A lot at the moment seems to be eminating from 'Russian supporters' but even prior to that there were a lot of people being offensive just because they could.
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The thread and the offending user has been dealt with, thank you for reporting.

We always welcome feedback and suggestions, thank you for raising Regarding Pre-Moderation, there are obviously benefits and negatives to that approach!

EH
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Its not even far right per say. A lot at the moment seems to be eminating from 'Russian supporters' but even prior to that there were a lot of people being offensive just because they could.
Hate comes and goes I suppose, of late its the racism/white genocide rot I keep seeing, like scores of them, all milk smell and no chins
SagaciousSag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)

Definitely agree. Anyone seen Gendron's posts?
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
Definitely agree. Anyone seen Gendron's posts?
Hey!

This account has also now been dealt with. if you could please report content that does break moderation rules that is the most efficient way to get it removed. Thank you.
SagaciousSag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hey!

This account has also now been dealt with. if you could please report content that does break moderation rules that is the most efficient way to get it removed. Thank you.
Sorry, will remember to do so next time :yes:
Quady
Rep:
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hey!

Is it?

Or would it be more efficient for new posters not to be able to post whatever they want 🤔

Clearly one person can/does make multiple accounts. If they worked out with the first account that uts no dice then it'd reduce the volume of 2nd, 3rd, 4th... accounts being made, increasing efficency for the mods.

Let alone multiple users reporting the same offensive content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads