Student0786
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Long story short I submitted my vetting application right after my day 2 assessment (fitness, roleplay, medical, dna, smt) was complete. It took a week or 2 for my vetting application to be sent from the internal team to the external team. Once the external team review my vetting application, i was told I’d be receiving a start date.

My vetting was sent to the external team on 14/06/22. A couple of days later I received a call from the person who’s processing my vetting application, and I was asked a few questions confirming some information on my application. I was told that the vetting process from this stage could take a few days, or a few weeks. Could my vetting application be near to the end of completing? Would I be expecting a start date soon?

I also wanted to ask if my age and experience could have made the vetting process shorter for me, I’m 19, and am currently working in a bar part time. I have nothing bad on my credit report and my financial situation is good with no problems that should rise during the vetting process.
My criminal record is clean, with nothing that should rise too.
My family background is also clean, so there’s nothing that should cause problems either.

I’m aiming to hopefully get a start date around September time, or earlier. Just need this vetting process done and over with.
Newdc1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Hi the vetting times vary but some people have said they take a few days sometimes a couple of weeks. If they have called you up to ask few more questions then looks like they are processing it so you should hear back in the next few weeks maybe sooner
Student0786
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Newdc1)
Hi the vetting times vary but some people have said they take a few days sometimes a couple of weeks. If they have called you up to ask few more questions then looks like they are processing it so you should hear back in the next few weeks maybe sooner
Thanks, every other pre employment check has been completed and passed, just waiting on vetting tbh.
MR1506
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Student0786)
Thanks, every other pre employment check has been completed and passed, just waiting on vetting tbh.
how do you check pre employment has completed and passed? I can’t see that in my portal!
Student0786
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by MR1506)
how do you check pre employment has completed and passed? I can’t see that in my portal!
Contact the recruitment line, and they will confirm whether it has been passed or not. Hasn’t your portal updated to congratulations- you’ve received a conditional offer. Pre employment checklist:

Etc..
MR1506
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Contact the recruitment line, and they will confirm whether it has been passed or not. Hasn’t your portal updated to congratulations- you’ve received a conditional offer. Pre employment checklist:

Etc..
I took day 2 last week, called them they said I passed n vetting with internal team now. But no my portal doesn’t says conditional offer yet. They said it ll change once goes for external vetting. Urz changed after day 2 or took 2 weeks?
Student0786
Rep:
I took day 2 last week, called them they said I passed n vetting with internal team now. But no my portal doesn’t says conditional offer yet. They said it ll change once goes for external vetting. Urz changed after day 2 or took 2 weeks?
For me, they had updated it straight to “thank you for attending your day 2 assessment “ after completing my day 2 successfully, they then took about a week-2 to update the portal to “congratulations - you’ve received a conditional offer, pre employment checks: medical, etc..”

if they have said you passed day 2, then you have nothing to stress over.

Internal vetting has no time frame. It depends on when the external vetting team finish with their batch of vetting they received from the previous groups.

after it goes to the external vetting team, your portal should update again, and once the external vetting team complete your application, on that day you should receive a call from them with a start date to chose.

External vetting teams could take 2-12 weeks depending on whether the vetting officer is assigned to your case first / last.
Last edited by Student0786; 4 days ago
MR1506
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
For me, they had updated it straight to “thank you for attending your day 2 assessment “ after completing my day 2 successfully, they then took about a week-2 to update the portal to “congratulations - you’ve received a conditional offer, pre employment checks: medical, etc..”

Internal vetting has no time frame. It depends on when the external vetting team finish with their batch of vetting they received from the previous groups.

after it goes to the external vetting team, your portal should update again, and once the external vetting team complete your application, on that day you should receive a call from them with a start date to chose.

External vetting teams could take 2-12 weeks depending on whether the vetting officer is assigned to your case first / last.
Thank you, it’s helpful
MR1506
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

What is task force email means? I can see on my portal with conditional offer.
Student0786
Rep:
What is task force email means? I can see on my portal with conditional offer.
Unsure tbh, did you apply for DC or PC pathway
MR1506
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Unsure tbh, did you apply for DC or PC pathway
Got it, once you click it send you email whatever on portal. I applied for pc role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (18)
28.57%
As I expected (18)
28.57%
Harder (24)
38.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.76%

Watched Threads