The Student Room Group

what text could i compare with a thousand splendid suns for my nea

i'm in year 12 and i do english literature, i'm thinking about doing 'a thousand splendid suns' for my nea coursework as i would like to focus on feminism and the role of feminism while also speaking about treatment of women in afghanistan but i'm struggling with what book to compare it with?

my exam board is edexcel
have you tried doing research
Reply 2
Original post by Gorge milles
have you tried doing research

yes but i couldn't find much so i decided to ask here
Reply 3
Original post by ridhashah
i'm in year 12 and i do english literature, i'm thinking about doing 'a thousand splendid suns' for my nea coursework as i would like to focus on feminism and the role of feminism while also speaking about treatment of women in afghanistan but i'm struggling with what book to compare it with?

my exam board is edexcel

Try Lolita or The Collector! Very good choices. I did these two and received full marks and got 60/60!

Coursework can be very difficult and there can be a lack of support with it! I looked for tutors but they charged hundreds, I now tutor and only charge £20 an hour to help write and improve coursework! Did you have a question in mind? This could significantly change the upcoming of your coursework. You can message me directly for TutorSpark, my name is Safah Eyeman and I can show my own coursework and help with yours!

Wishing you the best x
Reply 4
Original post by SW004
Try Lolita or The Collector! Very good choices. I did these two and received full marks and got 60/60!

Coursework can be very difficult and there can be a lack of support with it! I looked for tutors but they charged hundreds, I now tutor and only charge £20 an hour to help write and improve coursework! Did you have a question in mind? This could significantly change the upcoming of your coursework. You can message me directly for TutorSpark, my name is Safah Eyeman and I can show my own coursework and help with yours!

Wishing you the best x

I've chosen to compare it with The Bell Jar, would you still be able to help me with my coursework? and my question is With reference to your wider reading around A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Bell Jar compare how the writer Khaled Hosseini and Sylvia Plath present female oppression.
Thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by SW004

Wishing you the best x

My account is currently not letting me send direct messages. Could you send me the link to your tutorspark. I am an a level student going into year 13, currently writing my NEA on Sylvia Plath's 'Ariel'

Quick Reply