The Student Room Group

I think my Pantry is haunted...

OK, so I'm here at Nottingham Uni, and I noticed from the first day here my pantry felt weird to go into, as if there was someone watching me. Over the first few weeks I found that all the other pantries (kettle, toaster,microwave,sink, No oven) in my hall all smell pretty fresh, yet the one opposite to me always smells really weird, meaning I don't use it and use the one at the other end of the corridor!

I've noticed that each morning, around 3am, sitting in my room at the laptop or after coming in from a club, there is a very strong smell wafting in under the door - a few nights ago there was the smell of curry, last night there was another smell like it, and today there is a smell that is similar, although some nights it's different...

I've noticed this for a few weeks now, and have actively started to watch out for anyone using the pantry to put my mind at ease, so I've been leaving my door ajar and listening out for anyone using it that could explain the smells.

Obviously I have seen no-one yet the smell comes through again, and I go into the pantry and the smell is really strong in there yet there's nobody about, and I would have heard the microwave or toaster for definite if they had been in use!

The other pantry smells fresh as usual.

I don't really believe in ghosts but I cant think of an explanation, I've been in there during the day and attacked the smell with the best air freshener i could buy, and the smell was back within the hour.

I'm not really looking for advice, just wondering if anyoen has experienced anything like this before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A smelling ghost. **** off.
Reply 2
Lol I don't get the point of your post, are you telling me to **** off or the smelly ghost?

I'm not a troll, just wondering if anyone else has had any poltergeist-esque experiences?
Reply 3
Christian_j
Lol I don't get the point of your post, are you telling me to **** off or the smelly ghost?

Originally the former, but the latter's more esoteric so I'll plump for that.
Reply 4
There's a dead body.
Reply 5
Ekpyrotic
A smelling ghost. **** off.

Actually, most paranormal ghost experiences involve a bizare, strong odour coming from somewhere, usually the centre of where the 'ghost' originates.
Reply 6
Is it not that there's some sort of ventilation system in place that is making smells from someone cooking in another kitchen come through to yours?
Reply 7
lolimemma
Is it not that there's some sort of ventilation system in place that is making smells from someone cooking in another kitchen come through to yours?

And along come the cavalry of reason...
Reply 8
Fandellos
And along come the cavalry of reason...

Someone had to go there at some point!
Reply 9
Yeah it's inevitable really. i was just counting the replies until it happens - 5 replies, hmmm. These kinds of thread are usually crushed by a barrage of logic and reason within 2-3 replies....
Fandellos
Actually, most paranormal ghost experiences involve a bizare, strong odour coming from somewhere, usually the centre of where the 'ghost' originates.

thats true.

lolimemma

and thats a very logical and likely explanation, especially with something like curry which has a strong smell and gets everywhere
What's a pantry? :confused:
One of your hallmates is playing an elaborate prank on you, clearly.
Christian_j
I've noticed that each morning, around 3am, sitting in my room at the laptop or after coming in from a club, there is a very strong smell wafting in under the door - a few nights ago there was the smell of curry, last night there was another smell like it, and today there is a smell that is similar, although some nights it's different...

Well, it certainly isn't one of your pissed corridor-mates coming home with a takeaway, so it must be a ghost! :zomg:
This certainly calls for some sort of paranormal investigation team to spend the night in your pantry! Call Most Haunted!
[QUOTE=Christian_

I'm not a troll, just wondering if anyone else has had any poltergeist-esque experiences?

of course! my uncle is an exorsist ,sometimes i partake ,it's so much fun\!
Reply 16
Well as I say I've been on the lookout for general causes e.g. someone coming back with takeaway - not only is there not really a popular local Indian takeaway, the one that is near closes at about 11pm! :s-smilie:

I've been in this morning to see if there is some kind of ventilation system but nope, not that I can see, it's just a room... no windows, just four walls...
Do the walls bleed or ooze at night?
Reply 18
AustralAlien
Do the walls bleed or ooze at night?

No, they just change colour repeatedly. The usual stuff.
Oh well maybe it's just a room that has a transdimensional tear in it, causing the smell of someone's curry in another dimension to waft through on occasion.

Latest

Trending

Trending