The Student Room Group

Got a 2:1 in my law degree BUT

Hey all so just seen my results and I’m graduating with a 2:1 in my law degree but I’m not happy because I failed one of the modules.

This term I got
35 (like wtf!!?)

My average last term was 66

And from last year was 62 :/

I was freaking out.
But anyways I decided I will redo the exam that I failed despite the fact that it was condoned and I’ll still graduate. This is just because I want to see how much better I can do.
But imagine the shock, shame and disappointment in getting my first fail ever and at the point when I was just about to leave ahaha. I was so upset.
Additionally I found out I didn’t get in to Cardiff to do a masters today. So today is not my day!!
I now have no plan of action for this year and im totally screwed. Idk what to do.

I got average a levels, and a 2:1 and feel like i’m not desirable at all
I am very happy with the marks I got this term apart from the fail, it’s just that I’ve got to graduate and then redo the exam a month later 😭😭
Someone please help. What do I do? No one wants to hire me.
Original post by Grackeo
No one wants to hire me.

To how many places have you applied so far? How many rejections have you had?
what did you get in your a levels?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
To how many places have you applied so far? How many rejections have you had?

For Masters, I just applied to Cardiff and got rejected. I applied to a few legal sec positions and got rejected as well.
Reply 4
Original post by Jesstudies
what did you get in your a levels?

BBC
Original post by Grackeo
For Masters, I just applied to Cardiff and got rejected. I applied to a few legal sec positions and got rejected as well.

Understood.

Whilst it might seem like "No one wants to hire me", I'm sure you'll agree that rejections from "a few legal sec positions" isn't the end of the world. Keep applying; eventually something will break for you.

Was the Cardiff Master's the only one that appealed, or did you decide not to apply elsewhere for some other reason?
Original post by Grackeo
Hey all so just seen my results and I’m graduating with a 2:1 in my law degree but I’m not happy because I failed one of the modules.

This term I got
35 (like wtf!!?)

My average last term was 66

And from last year was 62 :/

I was freaking out.
But anyways I decided I will redo the exam that I failed despite the fact that it was condoned and I’ll still graduate. This is just because I want to see how much better I can do.
But imagine the shock, shame and disappointment in getting my first fail ever and at the point when I was just about to leave ahaha. I was so upset.
Additionally I found out I didn’t get in to Cardiff to do a masters today. So today is not my day!!
I now have no plan of action for this year and im totally screwed. Idk what to do.

I got average a levels, and a 2:1 and feel like i’m not desirable at all
I am very happy with the marks I got this term apart from the fail, it’s just that I’ve got to graduate and then redo the exam a month later 😭😭
Someone please help. What do I do? No one wants to hire me.

2.1 is the average grade I think in pretty much all University Courses.

https://www.legalcheek.com/2017/02/law-is-the-hardest-degree-to-get-a-first-in/

You shouldn't be freaking out and you are not undesirable.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply