The Student Room Group

AQA AS/Y12 Economics exam 2022

Hi, I did the Paper 1 The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. It had a question choice between Water usage by households or Alcohol consumption in the UK. Did anyone else do this paper? These were internal exams my school did but I’m not sure if they were direct from AQA?
I have my economics paper 1 on friday. Do you remember if it said a year on the front, if so it must have been from AQA. I am assuming it was an exam from the locked 2021 papers.
Original post by 16bhatam
I have my economics paper 1 on friday. Do you remember if it said a year on the front, if so it must have been from AQA. I am assuming it was an exam from the locked 2021 papers.

I'm not sure, in the code at the bottom it said Jun22 though.
Original post by Nikola_Tesla44
I'm not sure, in the code at the bottom it said Jun22 though.

Fair enough yh maybe it was a new AS 2022 paper. Do you mind telling me was the 25 markers about market or failure or government intervention/failure. My teacher said that was what our essays were on. It would very appreciated :smile:
Fair enough yh maybe it was a new AS 2022 paper. Do you mind telling me was the 25 markers about market or failure or government intervention/failure. My teacher said that was what our essays were on. It would very appreciated :smile:

One of the options was about water usage by UK households that have a water meter vs the ones that don't. The other one was about alcohol consumption in the UK which is the one I did. The 25 marker was explain whether the UK government should introduce a minimum price level for alcohol in England and Northern Ireland.
Ok thank you very much. And how did the multiple choice go was it quite hard would you say?
Ok thank you very much. And how did the multiple choice go was it quite hard would you say?

Yeah, it was probably more difficult than I usually find the micro multiple choice.
Fair enough. Was the multiple choice market failure heavy as well or would you say it was quite varied in terms of topics like PED and Monopolies etc. Sorry for all the questions as well i am just nervous to take this paper.
It wouldnt be from 2021 cause they didnt have an economics 2021 AS paper (Original post by 16bhatam)I have my economics paper 1 on friday. Do you remember if it said a year on the front, if so it must have been from AQA. I am assuming it was an exam from the locked 2021 papers.
Must be AS 2022 then as the only option.
Have you guys done it? If so how was the paper?
I was given a past paper from 2018
Original post by Nikola_Tesla44
Hi, I did the Paper 1 The Operation of Markets and Market Failure. It had a question choice between Water usage by households or Alcohol consumption in the UK. Did anyone else do this paper? These were internal exams my school did but I’m not sure if they were direct from AQA?

A 2022 paper? I thought those didn't exist

Quick Reply

Latest