Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have not seen the letter because I'm in another country, but my mom told me that they want me to confirm an interview date. Why didn't they email me?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just prefer to write, unless you specifically asked them to email. I know that of my five acknowledgements Cambridge chose to write while the others emailed. It's just what different unis do.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford wrote to me, too (though this was last year) - I'm not sure I received a single email from them throughout the whole application process.

ReputationRep:
    By letter is a bit more traditional perhaps?
    I can't remember my friend ever saying he received an email asking him for an interview

I think it depends on which college you applied to. I got a single acknowledgement email from CCC but everything else came through the post.

ReputationRep:
    Or it could be a friend winding you up...

Nah, I'm sure ts fine, why don't you just email them and explain you aren't in the country at the moment and confirm it. Piece of cake.

ReputationRep:
    They sent me both a letter and an email regarding interviews. I think just ask them from now on to communicate with you through email

ReputationRep:
    I never got an email, all my correspondance was either by post or by phone - infact they took 3 months to post my offer on UCAS after I got the letter giving me my offer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Syafiquaaa)
    I have not seen the letter because I'm in another country, but my mom told me that they want me to confirm an interview date. Why didn't they email me?
    The answer to all questions: phone the college/admissions office and sort it out directly.

ReputationRep:
    normally, they're quite willing to communicate by email- perhaps your college doesn't do this by default. As Athena says, just email/phone them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    The answer to all questions: phone the college/admissions office and sort it out directly.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Email doesn't exist in Oxford.

:ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.