Marketing undergraduate degree courses 100% coursework

Watch this thread
Sunita2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Does anyone know how I can get a list of courses that are coursework, practical and working closely with industry, could include work placements during the 3 years.
Thanks Sunita
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sunita2003)
Hi,
Does anyone know how I can get a list of courses that are coursework, practical and working closely with industry, could include work placements during the 3 years.
Thanks Sunita
Hi there!

I am a current student at Pearson Business School and my course is Business Management with Marketing. I love this course as it was created by industry partners! This means that most coursework has been based on industry examples. This means that they are as close to real-life scenarios as possible. This makes essay writing a lot more interesting as you are writing about and applying knowledge to real and current issues in the world today. For the first year, everyone learns the same topics around the principles of business. This was great as it provided me with an overview of knowledge of the industry as a whole. Then, in second and third year, the modules are more tailored to marketing topics. For example, my favourite subject last term was digital and social marketing as I got to unleash my creativity and create my own digital and social media marketing campaign!

Away from my studies, Pearson Business School has allowed me to put my knowledge to the test by helping me get two internships (in marketing and communications) through their guaranteed internship scheme. These are both fantastic opportunities as not only am I learning valuable skills, they are both great experiences to put on my CV to increase my employability. This explains why Pearson is in the top 20 institutions for graduate employability. Moreover, through the study abroad scheme, I am also going to Brazil in January to study abroad for a few weeks!

Not only this, we are based in Holborn in London (near Covent Garden). This means that the number of social places to go out with friends after class is endless! One of my favourite places is Pizza Union, as it is located opposite our campus and sells affordable pizza!
Therefore, I would highly recommend this course if you are looking to do marketing as you'll study modern marketing modules by industry-experience tutors who have a wealth of marketing experience that they incorporate into their lectures and seminars.

Here is a link for more information about the course: https://www.pearsoncollegelondon.ac....marketing.html
I hope this has been helpful and I wish you all the best with your decision!

Best wishes, Mia
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sunita2003)
Hi,
Thanks Sunita
Hello,

I am a final year Business student at the University of Bath and I know Bath offers a Management with Marketing course that sounds similar to what you are looking for!

After your first year of studying a management course at Bath you get a lot of choice with what modules you want to take. This means you can choose the modules that not only you find most interesting (whether that be finance, advertising, consumer psychology etc.) but also that are 100% coursework based- meaning you won't need to sit an exam for it. I chose only coursework based modules in my final year and I really enjoyed it.

Also, the management courses all have placements- a year in industry- that is part of the degree. These do make the degree 4 years long. The Business degree that I do actually has 2, 6-month placements rather than a 1 year one, so if you are looking to experience perhaps two different jobs roles/two different industries then it might be worth looking into this degree. However, with any of the management courses, Bath university has some very good connections to different businesses, meaning the students secure some amazing placements- meaning you'll definitely get to work closely with whichever particular industry your placement is in.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have anymore questions about Bath or the school of management.

Best of luck,
Kayley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.45%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (36)
34.95%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.83%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.94%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.71%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.45%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.8%

Watched Threads