film studies advice - focusing too much on production?

Watch this thread
Feathertail11
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, so i'm thinking of applying to Film studies at St andrew's and one other university. my school doesn't do film so they haven't been able to be much help. I don't want to go into the film industry or make films when i'm older, which is why i'm not applying for film production, I just want to study and analyse films.

The main problem is that I don't know how much to talk about film production in my PS? I know i need to show interest as I don't do the A Level but is this just films i've watched? my interest in film has led me to write a script of an adaptation of this story I read, which required me to read books, learn industry-specific terminology and practices, and the process of making films. I think that I should defintely bring this up but how would I word this without focusing too much on production?
Would it be worth talking about the writing process or should I only talk about film theory?
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Two paragraphs is enough
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Look at the course outlines for the ones that you are interested in to work out the balance you need
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads