The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Can I get into LSE with these grades?

Im in Year 12. I want to go to LSE to study accounting and finance.

My GCSE's are:
Math - 6
Eng lang - 6
Eng lit - 7
Combined Science - 7,8
History - 6
Comp Science 6
Business - 6
Spanish - 4

Assuming that I get predicted grades that are well over my grade requirements and also assuming that I have an exceptional personal statement.

Do I have a chance of getting an offer from LSE?
Well, my sister who is currently studying in lse got all 8s and 9s in her gcses and 3 A stars for a level but that's also because she took them in 2020 where teachers gave out grades. I honestly am not sure as LSE is quite competitive, maybe talk to your schools careers department about this
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by King Ivar

My GCSE's are:
Math - 6
Eng lang - 6
Eng lit - 7
Combined Science - 7,8
History - 6
Comp Science 6
Business - 6
Spanish - 4

Assuming that I get predicted grades that are well over my grade requirements and also assuming that I have an exceptional personal statement.

You need a mixture of 7s, 8s and maybe 1 or 2 9s too at GCSE. Although the standard offer is AAA grades at A-Level, it does not guarantee a place a LSE. But if you get A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Economics then you have a chance. Just don't get your hopes up as competition for BSc Accounting & Finance at LSE is extremely 'fierce' with 1,881 applications, 176 offers and just 114 acceptances to the course in 2022 Academic Year.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2023/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance
(edited 1 year ago)
nah bruh
Original post by King Ivar

My GCSE's are:
Math - 6
Eng lang - 6
Eng lit - 7
Combined Science - 7,8
History - 6
Comp Science 6
Business - 6
Spanish - 4

low chance because of GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending