LGBTQ+ and Queer MMU/Manchester/Salford for freshers?!

Watch this thread
l_thomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i really want to meet other queer people for freshers. cant say raves and clubbing is my thing so looking for an alternative myself! This is for 2022/23 new students at mmu, uom and salford uni.

LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED!!
armyofducklings
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hello! I am interested! am not really into the whole clubbing and raves scene either haha

(oh and ill be going to uom this year!)
Last edited by armyofducklings; 1 month ago
l_thomas
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We havent made any official plans but i think closer to the time, lots of people would be up to meet. I think everyone si far is going to mmu but let me know if you're still interested x
armyofducklings
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
could you private message me the WhatsApp link on here? i don't have snap
(Original post by l_thomas)
i have a whatsapp group if youd like to join? I can give you my snap and send you the link on there?
We havent made any official plans but i think closer to the time, lots of people would be up to meet. I think everyone si far is going to mmu but let me know if you're still interested x
Last edited by armyofducklings; 1 month ago
accmnny
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm going MMU and don't really know anyone here so I'd be down for it.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, i really want to meet other queer people for freshers. cant say raves and clubbing is my thing so looking for an alternative myself! This is for 2022/23 new students at mmu, uom and salford uni.

Hi l_thomas

It's great you are so excited to meet some new people! Not sure if you are coming to us in September but if you are we do have an LGBT+ Society at the university which focused on furthering the rights and interests of LGBT+ students both on-campus and away. The society runs a variety of events ranging from political activism to visits to Canal Street. We host regular and varied events that cater to the diverse LGBT+ community aiming to ensure no one is left behind.

Joining a society is a great way to make new friends! You can find more here:https://www.theunionmmu.org/groups/lgbt-society-70fd If you are going to one of the other universities they will likely have their society as well!

Carly
University of Salford Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

Hi l_thomas its nice to meet you . It's wonderful to see that you're open to meeting new people. I'm not sure which university you're planning on going to but here at the University of Salford we have a LGBTQ+ (https://www.salfordstudents.com/grou...q-society-44de) Everyone is very welcome to come. It's a great way to meet new people. I too am not the kind of person to be out partying either (more the kind of person to play board games and do escape rooms) but by going to the society meetings I found a very good group of friends who held similar interests. You can also join other societies to find friends with similar interests.

Hope everything goes well for you
Maryam
University of Salford Student Ambassador
tomdwbtting
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Definitely up for this. Going to Salford Uni. tom_botting on snapchat
em2730
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

Hi I'm going to MMU this year , I'm queer + autistic and I'd also like to get to know people who aren't most interested in raves + things like that!
l_thomas
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by em2730)
Hi I'm going to MMU this year , I'm queer + autistic and I'd also like to get to know people who aren't most interested in raves + things like that!
if you dm your number, i can add you to a whatsapp gc x
-hal-
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 days ago

hey! I'm starting at mmu in september and would be up for this, is there a gc I could join
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads