Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I'm also freaked out, but can someone explain why I shouldn't be? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    There is no need for that; simply turning off at the mains or unplugging will suffice.
    but its not a lamp, it the main light in the room, how do you unplug it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    If it is flickering while turned off it seems highly likely that the on-off switch is faulty, or that the wiring is loose or otherwise faulty. Turn the lamp off at the mains before doing anything, and don't use it again until it has been repaired.
    It's not a lamp, its the main light..

edit, sorry I told you twice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    well I think its what it was callled, but basically these evil spirit/ghosts would manipulate people, and bad things happen, and you know they're in the room because they use all the elctricals to move, so things tht are turned off start flickering and stuff.
    Look on the bright side, you don't have any statues of angels in your room.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah I know its silly...but I can't help it :unsure:
    I'm even to scared to..have some 'me time' just in case its an evil spirit watching me!

I think I'll just get it checked out asap.
    :rofl: seriously? maybe you should watch rom-coms instead of scary films from now on or something lol.

although buffy use to scare me so i can't really talk :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    but its not a lamp, it the main light in the room, how do you unplug it?
    In that case remove the relevant fuse from the house's fuse box before working on it.

ReputationRep:
    For turning off main lights in the house you will have a fuse box somewhere I believe, which will allow you to switch off the all the lights in the house, your dad will know where that is, it's probably a box attached to the ceiling by a door, either front of back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    :rofl: seriously? maybe you should watch rom-coms instead of scary films from now on or something lol.

although buffy use to scare me so i can't really talk :unsure:
    I loved buffy!
    well I first noticed when i was...indulging, and thats what orginally freaked me out, I thought what if its an evil ghost watching me..or even worse, what if it was my great gran!
    So yeah I really need to get the wiring checked to sort it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    For turning off main lights in the house you will have a fuse box somewhere I believe, which will allow you to switch off the all the lights in the house, your dad will know where that is, it's probably a box attached to the ceiling by a door, either front of back
    cheers, yeah, dad'll know.

its a new house (I'm not completely incompetent! ..although I really can't open the branston pickle) so I haven't yet found out where to put the heating on either.

ReputationRep:
    Lol could you open the pickle in the old house?

ReputationRep:
    I loved buffy!
    well I first noticed when i was...indulging, and thats what orginally freaked me out, I thought what if its an evil ghost watching me..or even worse, what if it was my great gran!
    So yeah I really need to get the wiring checked to sort it out!
    so did i, but it scared me :sad: lmao

:rofl:

yea, good plan, get your dad or an electrician to take a look at it and see what they think, it might just be the bulb but it sounds more like the wirirng. how long has it been happening for out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    is this an invitation to your bedroom yaz?! because ill accept godamn it, maybe you should call a electrician
    No! haha
    I heard there was a thread asking about me in bed or something -which whatever it is is rubbish! - was that you who started it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    so did i, but it scared me :sad: lmao

:rofl:

yea, good plan, get your dad or an electrician to take a look at it and see what they think, it might just be the bulb but it sounds more like the wirirng. how long has it been happening for out of interest?
    umm, ages. I have one week at my dads and one week at my mums so its probably longer than I imagine anyway. we moved in last year I think, maybe early this year, but I can't remember when I first noticed. But I do remember it was a couple of days after I watched White Noise!

..which was rented from my local sweet shop actually. So maybe if they have records, I could find out..

ReputationRep:
    If it's a new house then the fuse box will probably be at the front of the house.

ReputationRep:
    No! haha
    I heard there was a thread asking about me in bed or something -which whatever it is is rubbish! - was that you who started it?!
    jesus christ whats with these wild allegations lol i so didnt, i'd never do that to you :P and im on 3 warnings now ive had a change of life :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    jesus christ whats with these wild allegations lol i so didnt, i'd never do that to you :P and im on 3 warnings now ive had a change of life :P
    haha ok I believe you.

haha don't kid yourself, you'll come crawling bacl to the dark side atfer a week or so :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Bachelor)
    Look on the bright side, you don't have any statues of angels in your room.
    Oh my God did you watch the episode of Dr Who with all the stone angels that would attack whilst your back was turned? That actually terrified me and still gives me the chills thinking about it, and I don't usually scare easily!

OT, I have no idea why it's flickering but everyone else's suggestions seem like good'uns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Oh my God did you watch the episode of Dr Who with all the stone angels that would attack whilst your back was turned? That actually terrified me and still gives me the chills thinking about it, and I don't usually scare easily!

OT, I have no idea why it's flickering but everyone else's suggestions seem like good'uns.
    I was thinking about that too, I just watched it for the first time this week. Scary stuff :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm strangely hooked by this thread, I really want to know what's going on with the light now, haha.

ReputationRep:
    It won't be the lightbulb that's causing the light to flicker when it's off. If you turn a light off, it's off, no current should be going in there. So if there isn't a problem with the wiring then how would the lightbulb still be flickering? It doesn't have a mind of it's own :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    I'm strangely hooked by this thread, I really want to know what's going on with the light now, haha.
    you're telling me!

(Original post by Redpanda91)
    It doesn't have a mind of it's own :p:
    ..doesn't it?
    :eek:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.