The Student Room Group

How to get matches in online dating as a guy

I got 0 matches so I made some improvements. I’ve got some professional photos taken of me and also asked friends to take photos. They show a close up photo, photos of me doing things I enjoy, dressed smart and I’ve tried to put colour into the photos. I’ve also spent a while trying to put an interesting bio together which stands out. I’ve got a few friends (male and female) to review it and implemented the feedback I got.

I get 0 matches after this. What can I do to further improve my profile so I get matches?
Can you post the bio here, with any identifying info redacted?
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Can you post the bio here, with any identifying info redacted?

Would the photos be identifying info?
Original post by Anonymous
Would the photos be identifying info?

Yes, don't upload any of your photos or social media info to this thread.

Just copy & paste most of the text from your dating profile, redacting all info about your username/local area/employment and anything else that you don't feel comfortable sharing with random strangers on TSR.
If you want feedback on the photos, use imgur and only send the link by private message to people who have offered their feedback.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, don't upload any of your photos or social media info to this thread.

Just copy & paste most of the text from your dating profile, redacting all info about your username/local area/employment and anything else that you don't feel comfortable sharing with random strangers on TSR.
If you want feedback on the photos, use imgur and only send the link by private message to people who have offered their feedback.

I think my text would be personally identifying info too.

Can you edit or rewrite the most obviously identifying elements like your age to age range and any very unusual phrases?
Leaving the bulk of the text from your profile about your relationship ambitions, any relevant dealbreakers and a few of your favourite hobbies or holiday destinations.

This isn't the best platform to give you advice on this.

Because it's too public. And you quite rightly don't want reveal any personal information.
Which leaves us with nothing to advise you on. Because we don't know you and we don't know what's in your profiles.

All we can do is give you general advice. Which you can get from other websites, including youtube, where there are people with lots of expertise in this field.
Reply 7
Get off dating apps and meet people in real life!
Original post by Surnia
Get off dating apps and meet people in real life!

What if it don’t work out in real life then…?
Reply 9
What if it don’t work out in real life then…?

Well, it's clearly not working on dating apps and you have to meet online connections in real life at some point, so vut out the middle man. Try through friends and hobbies, but in the meantime be happy and enjoy life. You're spending a lot of resources on social media that could be more productive elsewhere.

How old are you?
Original post by Surnia
Well, it's clearly not working on dating apps and you have to meet online connections in real life at some point, so vut out the middle man. Try through friends and hobbies, but in the meantime be happy and enjoy life. You're spending a lot of resources on social media that could be more productive elsewhere.

How old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending